:yay: Question's!!!! ^_^

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by Devin, Sep 22, 2010.

Sep 22, 2010

:yay: Question's!!!! ^_^ by Devin at 8:02 PM (933 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Devin
    OP

Member Devin "Local Hardware Wizard"

United States
    If someone could answer these questions for me that'd be great. (FAST, or TK...)

1. When Microsoft bans someone do they ban the XBOX 360, or the XBOX Live users account?
    2.What is a Prestige Lobby? Do I need a JTAG XBOX 360 to make one?
    3. Can you list a good site to get cheap Verbatim Discs?
    4. Can you list a "Store", online that sells JTAG'd XBOX 360's? (I found one, but it's UK only...)

Thank you.

2. Livin in a box

Member Livin in a box Livin' in a cardboard box

United Kingdom
    1. Depends. For flashing or JTAG it's the Xbox, but for other serious offences, like living in Gayville, they'll ban your account.
    2. Prestige lobby is for COD I would assume for people to get themselves up to 10th prestige. I don't believe you need a JTAG as I think you can make them on the PS3 too.
    3. Not in the US.
    4. Not in the US again : p

3. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    1) Modding will just be a console ban. Sharing saves and modding saves/profiles means profile and console or worse you being added to the revocation list (you can not share your saves/profiles any more if they have been signed by that 360- every other updated 360* will reject them). Being a moron on live and getting banned via that tends to mean profile. There have been a few exceptions (bans for early play that are lifted at release date that might be both).

*this is the crl.bin (console revocation list) when JTAG hacking. To my knowledge nobody messed around with it as you could just resign with a valid keyvault and PC program like le fluffie (same applies to anything really as long as you have a valid keyvault) but I guess it could be done.

2) Technically no but it will take a lot of work otherwise- some JTAG users who unfortunately came to represent most of them liked to start private lobbies (usually paid entry) over live where everybody would mod their games/saves to be 10th prestige with all that it afforded (extra perks or some such) and other things (like gravity, assault rifles with the power of an airstrike and the like). Never got the appeal myself but then again we do not consult me on matters of items of mass appeal. As MS bans JTAG users these tended to only last a few hours at a time but people would buy a bunch of valid keyvaults and replace them as necessary.
    Nowadays we can use system link to play games over live with JTAG boxes so I imagine most people in that world do that- I and most (all?) of the people that frequent this section tend to stay far away from it all though as it is far too much hassle for no real gain.

3) Some of the big box office stores do media cheap on occasion so it is worth keeping an eye out for it (people will usually post on sites/forums/IRC as and when) but for the most part I think most people just use their chosen online shop (amazon usually). Frankly though at this stage in the game after you set yourself up with some games (buy a 30 or 50 spindle) you can usually get away with buying 10 packs as and when you- not that many worthwhile games come.
    Not to mention if you get a JTAG machine you have the hard drive and USB options meaning you will probably burn even fewer games.

4) Not to my knowledge- forums and online tat merchants are your only real bets. If someone (neighbourhood kids are a good source) has a benched red ring machine that has not seen the updates that put it out of action you might be able to bring it back to life and JTAG that. Even if it is only 6 months it will be 6 good months.

4. Langin

Member Langin GBAtemp's kpop addict

Netherlands
    I have some questions too:

1. Is halo reach it worth?
    2. IF the slim model gets hacked, shall I mod it or shall I wait?(I play much on live)
    3. When will the new dashboard be released?
    4. Kinect? is it good or bad? Is it like a wii?
    5. Is it true that your xbox dies after 3 years of game play?
    6. If I am fully banned, what will happen? Will my xbox explode or will it stop working?

This questions may be answered already but I wanna know it.

5. Devin
    OP

Member Devin "Local Hardware Wizard"

United States
    1. Yes. Nuff said.
    2. That's your choice.
    3. I believe in November.
    4. Alot of people have speculated that it's horrible, but few have tried it. (Neither have I.)
    5. No, my XBOX 360 was made in 2006, and it's working just fine.
    6. When the XBOX 360 is banned, you can't go on XBOX Live. Everything else works, if your account is banned that account can never go on XBOX Live again (On that account.).

(If a console is banned, you can just get another, and play on the same GamerTag.)

6. Langin

Member Langin GBAtemp's kpop addict

Netherlands
    Okay thanks!

I am going to complete some games and trade it for reach.