Yay, I just bought the NDSi. Ok. I'm buying Ackard...should I? Is

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by extahtik, Apr 5, 2009.

1. extahtik
    OP

Newcomer extahtik Newbie

United States
    Yay im so happy i just bought a blue ndsi......Should I buy the ackard? Is it good? What is moonshell? Is it important?

2. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    no, the ak2i is not good. it has build issues, connection issues, and msd issues. it does come with a 1yr warranty so you can always enchange until you get a working one. the kit ONLY works in the ds mode. NONE of the dsi features/modes/etc are known to be hacked. so if you get an ak2i you can only run ds homebrew, nothing dsi related! moonshell is a media player, please google it or use the gbatemp search button.

-another world

3. extahtik
    OP

Newcomer extahtik Newbie

United States
    thank you...what type do you suggest for ndsi?

4. wonka8869

Newcomer wonka8869 Member

United States
    i have a dstti, and it works great for all my homebrew games. i have an ak2i on order to try it out

5. Another World

Colombia
    sadly the ak2i is the best of whats out there right now. i'm just not happy at all with how fast they rushed it to market, and how poory designed it is. it's basically the ak2.1 with a hack that lets it load on the dsi. if you must have ds based games/homebrew on your dsi then get the ak2i. order from a good site incase you need to return it. my advice is to wait at least 6 months to see what happens. another company might come out with a better kit. the hackers might unlock the dsi mode, etc...

-another world

6. extahtik
    OP

Newcomer extahtik Newbie

United States
    Link please....interested. But....if it doesnt work can i return it? Also for how much?

7. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    I have a simple question about both the AK2i and DSTTi. Do they just use loaders or is the hardware flashable? If the hardware is not flashable, then I can see a possibility of those two cards being blocked by a FW update fairly easily. I would wait for a flashcart that flashes the hardware when it's firmware is updated as I think they would be less likely to be permanently blocked.

8. Another World

Colombia
    the ak2i uses part of a rom with a known exploit. the rom is a united states (U) rip. this is why the dsi has to be set to english/japanese language to allow the game to boot. from what i've been told, from a reliable source, it is flashable. however, acekard refuses to release a reflasher.

can someone comment on the dstt?

-another world

9. extahtik
    OP

Newcomer extahtik Newbie

United States
    Is dstti better?

10. Nathan-NL

Member Nathan-NL GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    The Acekard 2i has an updatable bootloader and the DSTTi doesn't have that.

11. rommy667

Member rommy667 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Ireland
    So i "bricked" my acekards dsi boot or what ever,it works fine on ds lite so my question is their a way to make the kard work on a dsi again?

12. Takeshi

Member Takeshi GBAtemp Addict

Germany
    Seems like you're out of luck at the moment.

13. Lakerfanalways

Member Lakerfanalways GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I understand how the AceKard 2i does not work with homebrew games and stuff associated with the DSi..but does it play the games just like the Nintendo DS lite because that is all I am really interested in, as long as I am able to play the games on the DSi just like I play them on the DS then its worth it..and I guess the other stuff will become hackable later on

14. anaxs

Member anaxs got milk, got candy

Canada

15. Another World

Colombia
    =/

the ak2i is for running the cyclods firmware on the dsi, thats all it does. didn't you know that?

come on man really tho? we all know the dsi features aren't hacked. why would they make a flash linker for the dsi, unless it was to play the ds mode games/homebrew?

you should stop, do alittle research, then pause and think... then maybe post.

-another world

16. iwakura

Member iwakura HHNNNNNNGGGG

United States
    Do you know if the acekard team will do replacements if the store gives us a hard time? I ask because I had trouble getting a return from a retailer once, but the G6 team replaced me G6 Real...

I noticed that you said to buy from a good retailer, but I'm asking just in case.

17. Lakerfanalways

Member Lakerfanalways GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Not everyone is a genius when it comes to this stuff as you are. I am new at this and I just wanted to know some things about it before I went ahead and bought it. I don't use homebrew games, just DS games, that's all I wanted it for.

18. Another World

Colombia
    acekard is real good about giving replacements for kits with errors. they have a 1yr warranty. most retailers will give you a swap, such as realhoststuff, dealextreme, etc. i've heard that dealwoot is somewhat of a bitch about it at times, but others have had no complaints.

-another world

19. is071004

Newcomer is071004 Newbie

Austria
    I have readed a lot in the last days! Some people say that the acekard team never make the acekard 2i compatible to german, french,... language (EU DSi)!
    My question is what are your experience with the team or the flashcard? I have also tried to contact the team but I didn't get an answer!

Now I have an acekard but if the problem is never solved I would buy an EZ Flash Vi Card.

20. Jockel

Member Jockel Tagging yourself? This shit ain't NeoGAF.

Germany
    What about the R4i? Looks promising to me.