Y'all Know What Time It Is!

Discussion in 'Books, Music, TV & Movies' started by LightyKD, Jan 20, 2017.

1. LightyKD
    OP

LightyKD Future CEO of OUYA Inc.

Jun 25, 2008
    United States
    Angel Grove, CA
    So... Who had the chance to watch this trailer yet?

I still have mixed feelings on this movie but I might actually give this a chance. I guess it's morphin' time!

kineticUk likes this.
  2. H1B1Esquire

H1B1Esquire RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.

Nov 2, 2016
    United States
    Earth, bro-dude.
    I just want a good Power Rangers beat 'em up. Ivan Ooze for President of the Galaxy-Make the Milky Way great again.

3. RustInPeace

RustInPeace Samurai Cop

Oct 13, 2014
    United States
    Pretty much similar to the teaser, I smiled when I saw Rita Repulsa, I love Elizabeth Banks, and remembering the character, she was pretty funny. Everything else, ehhhh, I don't know. I'm not a Power Rangers nerd, saw a couple episodes of the first couple seasons, pretty much when the new millennium started, I stopped watching. That being said, do the Power Rangers have superpowers? This movie makes it out that they do, and I thought they were just teens with attitude that learned some martial arts. Superpowers though? As if there isn't enough Superhero movies. Bill Hader as Alpha is fitting, Bryan Cranston I feel like is fanservice, but a nice addition. I never knew until last year that Cranston voiced some monsters in Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, nor that his surname was used for the blue power ranger Billy Cranston.

In contrast that fanmade Power Rangers short on Youtube, basically DCEU before DCEU really took form, as if directed by Zack Snyder, yeah that short was actually really good. I want that into a full length movie, but alas. This one, I may see, it's just that the actors I like, are supporting ones, these young leads, I am not too convinced they'll pull it off. They will either come out boring, laughably bad, or even good, who knows?

4. LightyKD
    OP

Jun 25, 2008
    United States
    Angel Grove, CA
    There's a new Power Rangers Game for PS4 and XB1... sucks that the game isnt coming to Steam or mobile :/

5. RustInPeace

RustInPeace Samurai Cop

Oct 13, 2014
    United States
    This made my day, much better than the original trailer.

kineticUk and LightyKD like this.
  6. H1B1Esquire

Nov 2, 2016
    United States
    Earth, bro-dude.
    You'd think this could've been on Steam/mobile; I guess sometimes the good guys don't win. Maybe they'll make a 3ds/NS/Steam/mobile game in the future?

LightyKD likes this.
  7. LightyKD
    OP

Jun 25, 2008
    United States
    Angel Grove, CA
    Just finished watching that. Other than some minor hiccups, that was a good intro.

8. H1B1Esquire

Nov 2, 2016
    United States
    Earth, bro-dude.
    I just find a few things funny:
    Movie - They changed a few racially-insensitive things....but the Black Ranger is still racially-motivated.

Game - Five rangers**, but it's a 4-player game. I'll forgive them if they explain, 'The other ranger is at base with Alpha.'

All of it - Who pays for all that broken shit? How bad are interest rates? Why can no one find a way to co-exist? I'm sure all that alien technology would advance everything to a point of a galactic utopia.

I should write a prono for Diego goes in Dora the Explorer's butthole. Hell, if I got paid enough, I'd direct Blue's Clues: Steve Tries Doggy-style.

9. Zero72463

Zero72463 GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 27, 2016
    United States
    lol cool

10. Jayro

Jayro MediCat USB and Mini Windows 10 Developer

GBAtemp Patron
    Jayro is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 23, 2012
    United States
    Octo Canyon
    I seriously adored Lord Zed's costume as a kid, he still looks like pure evil.

11. H1B1Esquire

Nov 2, 2016
    United States
    Earth, bro-dude.
    Looks like you just made yourself a theme: Zed top, Mighty Morphin' bottom, thunderbolt folder icon, hard rock opening BGM.

Jayro likes this.
  12. LightyKD
    OP

Jun 25, 2008
    United States
    Angel Grove, CA
    Speaking of the Power Rangers game. I'm surprised that it doesn't have a 5 player mode. Not like there isn't enough space to fit a 5th health bar and it's not like consoles are tied to only four controllers. Hell, can we say, EIGHT player smash!?

13. H1B1Esquire

Nov 2, 2016
    United States
    Earth, bro-dude.
    Right? That's one reason I was thinking NS/etc,. I could see a revamped edition working well on NS, especially with paid services.