Hacking Yakuza Kiwami PS3 English Patch

Batu-Han

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Important news: Game has blank dialogue issue at substory 30. I don't know how to fix it.
As i'd done before , i've translated Kiwami too.
If you want to install this patch , don't forget to copy your orginal files.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/pphumakf757bjny/Yakuza_Kiwami_Ps3_English_Patch-Batu-Han.7z/file

i made a big mistake on readme text . --- you must follow this route ''/dev_hdd0/game/BLJM61313/USRDIR/data''

not /dev_hdd0/game/BLJM61249/USRDIR/data ( i used same txt file hahaha forgot to edit 2.line.)

Last edited by Batu-Han,

SubNaturalZ

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey, thanks a ton for this, been waiting a while to play Kiwami ver since I got to on my friend's PS4. I got something to report: the game soft locks on a substory at the parking lot where there's a lot of people gathered (I assume it's the substory for the fast dodging guy), no dialogue shows up and I can't advance in any way so I had to exit the game and just avoid that story. Can you see if it's happening in your end too? Thanks a lot for this translation, cheers

Batu-Han

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Two in a row. Thank you Batu-Han. I will try them asap.

Edit: Is the translation compatible with the 1.04 update?
I'm sorry , i don't know.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hey, thanks a ton for this, been waiting a while to play Kiwami ver since I got to on my friend's PS4. I got something to report: the game soft locks on a substory at the parking lot where there's a lot of people gathered (I assume it's the substory for the fast dodging guy), no dialogue shows up and I can't advance in any way so I had to exit the game and just avoid that story. Can you see if it's happening in your end too? Thanks a lot for this translation, cheers
Are you talking about Komaki ?

SubNaturalZ

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yakuza  Kiwami.png

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yakuza  Kiwami_1.png

The game locks up like this when you get close to him

Reactions: ThiceReckless

ThatFreeze

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
That's awesome! Is it the same as Zero patсh? Like no cutscenes translation, etc? Will you do any updates for these translations, like adding subtitles for cutscenes when you figure out how to do them and everything else that was not translated?

Reactions: Mermadun

Batu-Han

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
That's awesome! Is it the same as Zero patсh? Like no cutscenes translation, etc? Will you do any updates for these translations, like adding subtitles for cutscenes when you figure out how to do them and everything else that was not translated?
Sorry , i left the project , i don't have time to translate the game .

Last edited by Batu-Han,

krueger96

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Im stuck at the loading screen when i start the game. Is it just long or something is wrong?
Im stuck at the loading screen when i start the game. Is it just long or something is wrong?
you need the 1.01 update before booting the game, otherwise it loops at the loading screen. This happens with 0, kiwami and ishin

krueger96

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Sorry for the double post, i found out you don't need any 1.01 update for the game, it will work but you would get issues later on. on HEN, you just need to resign for 3.55 (i used latest PS3 ISO Tools which did that automatically)
Also, in order to play substory 36 i just deleted the game installed data, reinstalled it without patching and played that part in japanese. i advise to do the same because you could accidentally trigger the substory by going in the parking lot, locking the game.
Here's a video of the substory if you want to understand what's going on:

To fight him, select the top option. After the fight, select the top option again. After it's done, save and reapply the english patch

SamuraiOndo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like no cutscenes translation, etc? Will you do any updates for these translations, like adding subtitles for cutscenes when you figure out how to do them and everything else that was not translated?
Cutscenes would have to be individually edited. You couldn't just copy and paste the English auth.par's onto the PS3 Japanese pars, because the location of the cutscene subtitles (in the cmn.bin) is different in the English release than they were in the Japanese release. (The subtitles themselves are located towards the bottom in the English version, compared to the Japanese where it's towards the top.) It just would be too much work to change the subtitles for this because nobody *really* would use it.

Reactions: krueger96

krueger96

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Cutscenes would have to be individually edited. You couldn't just copy and paste the English auth.par's onto the PS3 Japanese pars, because the location of the cutscene subtitles (in the cmn.bin) is different in the English release than they were in the Japanese release. (The subtitles themselves are located towards the bottom in the English version, compared to the Japanese where it's towards the top.) It just would be too much work to change the subtitles for this because nobody *really* would use it.
Not to mention there are some parts in the game without subtitles at all in the japanese release, like when you hold R2 to follow a character, they always talk about something and it's not subtitled in the original release. It may be possible to add the subtitles, but it would take a lot of time. hell, i'd do it just for fun but i don't have much free time

Reactions: SamuraiOndo

SamuraiOndo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It may be possible to add the subtitles, but it would take a lot of time. hell, i'd do it just for fun but i don't have much free time
It definitely IS possible to add cutscenes to Ishin at least, the Ishin translation server has done it and they run on the same engine but like, it's not worth it tbh.

krueger96

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It definitely IS possible to add cutscenes to Ishin at least, the Ishin translation server has done it and they run on the same engine but like, it's not worth it tbh.
that's right, i forgot about that. man, i can't wait to replay ishin in english

SamuraiOndo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay. about this. you MIGHT be able to use kaplas translation framework to do this. I'm not CERTAIN but it's definitely possible

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol