Yakuza: in development for PS Vita

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Games & Content' started by T-hug, May 28, 2013.

1. T-hug
    OP

T-hug Always like this.

pip Chief Editor
    Oct 24, 2002
    England
    In a recent interview, Yakuza producer Toshihiro Nagoshi described the Wii U release as "an experiment" to see how many Wii U owners would be interested in something like Yakuza. "To be honest, we're not aiming to see if the game will be a smash hit," said Nagoshi. "Our real intention is that we want to see how people respond."

But will brand new Yakuza games would come to the Wii U? "The existing [Wii U] users are different [from PlayStation owners], so isn't it hard to say if it makes sense?" It really sounds like he first wants to wait and see how Yakuza 1 & 2 HD for Wii U does.

When asked whether Yakuza would be coming to the 3DS, Nagoshi replied with a chuckle, "It's not possible." Nagoshi was asked if a spin-off was doable, like PSP title Yakuza: Black Panther, but he replied that he wants to make the Yakuza games as action adventure games. "I'd do it if it were okay to have a Yakuza game without many people walking around the city... But it would be forcing it, no?" Nagoshi added that it felt like something that wasn't that desirable.

Elsewhere in the interview, Nagoshi was asked if Yakuza was coming to the PS Vita. The game producer replied affirmatively, once again acknowledging how the series has been born and bred on PlayStation hardware.

Source

2. emigre

emigre Has complex motives

Jan 28, 2009
    London
    Like this would get a Western release :lol:

macmanhigh likes this.
  3. GameWinner

GameWinner Take your heart

Jun 14, 2009
    United States
    A Yakuza game will boost sales in Japan. I don't know how the series does outside Japan though.

4. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    Like they have anything else to localize, increasing the likelyhood of this getting a Western release :lol:

5. weavile001

weavile001 Spiritmaster

Jun 10, 2012
    Brazil
    somewhere
    He didnĀ“t mentioned which one? or if there is another one being made??

6. dragonblood9999

dragonblood9999 GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 27, 2007
    Canada
    I hope this gets a Western release

7. T-hug
    OP

T-hug Always like this.

pip Chief Editor
    Oct 24, 2002
    England
    Well they haven't even brought Y5 to the West yet and SEGA hates money.
    I could see Sony paying for the localization though with the recently rumored aggressive signings.
    On a side note Rayman Legends confirmed for Vita with exclusive content I was going to post the news but can't, ironically because I'm on my Vita.

8. LTK

LTK GBAtemp Fan

Jul 28, 2008
    West Midlands
    I could see it selling well if they marketed it as a Japanese GTA.