'Yakuza 4' PS4 remaster gets release date in Japan

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Prans, Oct 23, 2018.

Front-page
    Yakuza-4-PS4_Famitsu.

The release date for the PS4 remaster of Yakuza 4 was announced in this week’s issue of Famitsu magazine. The title will launch on January 17, 2019 in Japan. There will also be some changes in this version, namely regarding Masayoshi Tanimura, one of the game's protagonists.

Yakuza-4-PS4_Famitsu_2.

Given the fact that Masayoshi Tanimura's original voice actor, Hiroki Narimiya, has retired, Toshiki Masuda will reprise the role in this remaster. Some changes to his in-game model have been made to reflect the changes, as pictured above.

There has been no word of an international release, though it wouldn't be surprising given the popularity of the series in the West.

:arrow: SOURCE

TheVinAnator and JiveTheTurkey like this.
    Discussion (18 replies)
  1. duwen

duwen Old Man Yoshi

Sep 6, 2013
    United Kingdom
    Bullet Hell
    edit: ignore me, I didn't realise the remaster of 3 was already out in Asian territories!

Last edited by duwen, Oct 23, 2018
  2. Justinde75

Justinde75 Capsule Corp's VGM Addict

GBAtemp Patron
    Justinde75 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Feb 14, 2016
    Germany
    West City
    I really hope we get the remasters of Yakuza 3,4 and 5 on PS4. Especially since Yakuza 3 had alot of cut content in the western version

LufianGuy likes this.
  3. krueger96

krueger96 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 21, 2016
    Italy
    Apparently some of tanimura's lines were changed and needed to be rerecorded too
    I wonder if this means they're fixing some of the plot holes yakuza 4 had

4. guisadop

guisadop GBAtemp Fan

Jun 22, 2012
    Brazil
    I hope we get all these remasters in a physical version. Y5 not having one in the west really hurts!

DaFixer likes this.
  5. OkazakiTheOtaku

OkazakiTheOtaku no thanks, I don't want a custom title

Jul 20, 2016
    Japan
    Yep. I own every physical Yakuza game the west has gotten. I really want a physical Yakuza 5.

LufianGuy and guisadop like this.
  6. JiveTheTurkey

JiveTheTurkey GBAtemp Fan

Nov 6, 2017
    United States
    I'm jelly that we don't get awesome exclusives like them. :(

7. mrmole

mrmole Member

Newcomer
    Jul 20, 2018
    United Kingdom
    There has never been a better time to dive into the series!

8. LufianGuy

LufianGuy GBAtemp Regular

Oct 7, 2008
    United States
    I'll buy all the Yakuza stuff I can get! I think 4 was my favorite because of all the different characters you get to play.

Last edited by LufianGuy, Oct 23, 2018
  9. eyeliner

eyeliner Has an itch needing to be scratched.

Feb 17, 2006
    Portugal
    Remasters are a dime a dozen these days...

10. leon315

leon315 POWERLIFTER

Nov 27, 2013
    Italy
    Don't forget pc players too, after Yakuza 0 i wish Sega will bring all the yakuza franchise on pc masterace!

11. leon315
    This message by leon315 has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Nov 12, 2018, Reason: Dupe.
    Oct 23, 2018
  12. Prans
    OP

Prans Geek, gamer, human

pip Reporter
    Apr 22, 2012
    There itself.
    Yakuza Kiwami is slated for a PC release sometime this year, and there have been rumors of Yakuza 6 also getting a PC release. so hopefully the series will slowly but surely come to PCs

13. Song of storms

Song of storms GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 18, 2018
    Antarctica
    It won't get released in the West unless one of the main characters is black. And it has to be the good guys. And one of the Yakuza has to be literally Hitler and gets punched by the black guy.

14. DaFixer

DaFixer Dare to be stupid

Aug 29, 2010
    Netherlands
    In my mencave ;)
    Great news!
    I'm busy with Yakuza Kiwami and I love it and it plays and look very good.

15. LufianGuy

LufianGuy GBAtemp Regular

Oct 7, 2008
    United States
    Preach brother! I'll buy them all, maybe they will bring Ishin over!

16. Justinde75

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Feb 14, 2016
    Germany
    West City
    Ishin and Kenzan would be so good. But the Story of Ishin has stuff like Child prostitution in the story, so I dont know what they'll do with that

17. leon315

leon315 POWERLIFTER

Nov 27, 2013
    Italy
    Dude, i have Yakuza 3, 4 and 5 on ps3, 0, 6 on ps4, and waiting Kiwami 1,2's pc release. I really wish Sega would make ALLIN1 mega collection which include all yakuza 's main series

Prans likes this.
  18. Silent_Gunner

Silent_Gunner GBAtemp Regular

Feb 16, 2017
    United States
    I'd be fine if they pulled a Metroid Prime Trilogy, released the PS3 remasters along with Yakuza 0, Kiwami, Kiwami 2, and 6 as a The Story of the Dragon of Dojima Collection or something along those lines.

Though, if I had to be honest, given how Backwards Compatibility is these days, I kind of wish they'd wait to release some of these games for the PS5. As someone who's busier than ever due to college, a job, and just doing maintenance on my desktop PC, the PS5 will be coming around sooner than you think. If Sony doesn't get full of themselves and pull another $599 marketing move and have actual BC with PS3/PS4 games both physical and digital, then they'd have a sale from yours truly.

Keep trying to force PSNow though, and I'll just be like, "see ya' in 10 years Sony, when the PS5 is emulated just fine on Windows and hopefully Ubuntu PCs with Steam Play are taking the PC gaming industry by storm!"

19. Justinde75

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Feb 14, 2016
    Germany
    West City
    Well Kiwami and 0 were were originally ps3 games that got ported over to ps4. They might do something similiar and release a ps4 game and the same game on ps5. Yakuza is earning sega a ton of money, so they will put alot of resources in it. We'll probably get alot more games quicker than before