Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
http://www.yafaze.com/index.html

What? It works. I have no problems. Just yafaze.com gives me to a HTTP404 error.
Um...that does work (barely), but it's also horribly obsolete, at least when I view it. The stylesheet and rest of layout are missing, and the last news is Hackmii installer 0.3 on 8/19/09

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
nooo.jpg

I loved that site.

wiiztec

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you guys talking about the virgin 4.0 softmod guide because I have a slightly modified version of it that I use for my personal homebrew setup kit that I only share with my friends

FreddieD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kong, Hemi, and others that helped contribute to that site...

Thanks so much for all of the hard work you put into Yafaze. That was my one stop shop for up-to-the-day Wii information on hacking, and those tutorials were nothing short of awesome. It was greatly appreciated.

HemiSync

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
0ld8oy said:
don't take it personal HemiSync. Bladexdsl is one of the many around here who could give two shits about what they say and how people take it.

Like stray dogs....trolls and flamers will keep coming back if you feed them. (even if they're only slightly trollish or flamey)
yes I had to remind myself that trolls need to stay under the bridge, out of the sunlight, and feeding them only encourages them. Thanks!

QUOTE(FreddieD @ Nov 13 2009, 11:54 PM) Kong, Hemi, and others that helped contribute to that site...

Thanks so much for all of the hard work you put into Yafaze. That was my one stop shop for up-to-the-day Wii information on hacking, and those tutorials were nothing short of awesome. It was greatly appreciated.

I only tried to help where I could and it wound up being a lot more posts than I thought possible. Kong deserves all the credit for the guides. I feel bad for Makar, he will have a heart attack when he finds Yafaze gone. He was the biggest contributor to helping in the forums.

dg1962

Trophies
XP
Country
ravindave said:
RIP yafaze the guys on there wer superb

and a BIG thankyou to kongnuts for his time and effort he put in on the site

gbasp.gif

Ditto from me great site friendly people.

Not like you Kong to do something that would get you shutdown

Hope all is good with you besides this and the rest of the great admins

GBA you are great also, but yafaze felt like home you are are somebody I visit when I need something and can put up with abuse asking for it
cool.gif

Omega Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slimmmmmm said:
Sorry to hear the bad news kongsnutz, I know what it's like to pour hours and hours into sometihng and then have it taken away
frown.gif

Knowing you a little I think you'll find something new to keep yourself busy and probably help others, so good luck with whatever you now fill your free time with, if you ever need help with anything shoot me a pm here
smile.gif

That's how Nintendo felt.

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
Omega Knight said:
Slimmmmmm said:
Sorry to hear the bad news kongsnutz, I know what it's like to pour hours and hours into sometihng and then have it taken away
frown.gif

Knowing you a little I think you'll find something new to keep yourself busy and probably help others, so good luck with whatever you now fill your free time with, if you ever need help with anything shoot me a pm here
smile.gif

That's how Nintendo felt.

Oh... I never knew someone took something away from Nintendo, if they did then that's bad cause I myself like Nintendo. I hope whoever it was gives whatever it was back.

nightwaxon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yafaze was a great site. Friendly people, the guides were comprehensive, clear and concise and you didn't get all this "noob trolling" speak that seems to infiltrate this place. Thanks Kongster!

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
Omega Knight said:
Where do you think the game was leaked?

Eh ??

Leaking something is called "copying" it doesn't take anything away from Nintendo (aside from money, but that's disputable as not everone that downloads would have bought anyway)

No one took down any Nintendo web pages that were not backed up, or physically stole anything from Nintendo I don't see your comparison as being relevant here. You first post in this thread seems to just be aimed to wind up the OP and ex staffers of that site..aka trolling.

btw, the Wii is THE most pirated of the Nintendo home consoles and also the best selling..perhaps that's related.

Omega Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No. Leaking is taking something from someone and releasing it without the owner's permission. Hence taking something away from someone. Plus, how do you copy something you don't own, and it isn't considered stealing?
EDIT: typo

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
Omega Knight said:
No. Leaking is taking something from someone and releasing it without the owner's permission. Hence taking something away from someone. Plus, how do you copy something you don't know, and it isn't considered stealing?

I don't know how someone can copy something they don't know, so you have me at a loss for words.

pirateplunder

Trophies
XP
Country
Omega Knight said:
No. Leaking is taking something from someone and releasing it without the owner's permission. Hence taking something away from someone. Plus, how do you copy something you don't know, and it isn't considered stealing?

No its not.

By leaking it publicly its copyright infringement. The key element of stealing or theft is withholding the item from the rightful owner - not you gaining it. As piracy doesnt prevent the rightful owner from still keeping what is theirs its not stealing or theft and never has been. (This is why a number of anti-piracy adverts had to be changed. They used to finish ...its theft. They now finish ...its illegal. Which it is.)

You could argue that you were stealing their money, but as they never had it and there is no proof that they ever would, you would fail.

As an example, if you made an exact replica of your mates car you wouldnt be stealing his car, nor would you be stealing Honda (or whoevers) car. You would be infriging on patents etc.

By the store releasing it early its probably nothing more than a breach of contract.

Anyway wahts important is that yafaze was a great site with loads of help for even a complete novice and never any nastyness - at least that i encountered. It will be sorely missed.

bruce69

Trophies
XP
Country
cry.gif
I to am so very sorry to all the guys at Yafaze, What a great sight that was. Simple to follow guides and a group of very helpful people who had time for everyone
R.I.P. - Yafaze

No disrespect to GBAtemp
biggrin.gif

oddgriffin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pirateplunder said:
Omega Knight said:

No its not.

By leaking it publicly its copyright infringement. The key element of stealing or theft is withholding the item from the rightful owner - not you gaining it. As piracy doesnt prevent the rightful owner from still keeping what is theirs its not stealing or theft and never has been. (This is why a number of anti-piracy adverts had to be changed. They used to finish ...its theft. They now finish ...its illegal. Which it is.)

You could argue that you were stealing their money, but as they never had it and there is no proof that they ever would, you would fail.

As an example, if you made an exact replica of your mates car you wouldnt be stealing his car, nor would you be stealing Honda (or whoevers) car. You would be infriging on patents etc.

By the store releasing it early its probably nothing more than a breach of contract.

Anyway wahts important is that yafaze was a great site with loads of help for even a complete novice and never any nastyness - at least that i encountered. It will be sorely missed.

i don't even know why this still needs to be explained, but you sure did a good job of doing it. it's funny how with all this crazy stuff going on in the world economy and ppl are still spending money on their video games while their neibors loosing their house. i don't think nintendo is gonna be hurting anytime soon and it forces them to do a better job of securing their products by making them harder to copy, that's gotta be a department of ppl right there who otherwise may not have jobs. i just think the whole morality thing is stupid. there are a whole lot more horrible things going on in the world, we just wanna play some games and can't afford to buy everything all the time.

Posts merged

pirateplunder said:
QUOTE(Omega Knight @ Nov 14 2009, 02:21 PM)

No its not.

i don't even know why this still needs to be explained, but you sure did a good job of doing it. it's funny how with all this crazy stuff going on in the world economy and ppl are still spending money on their video games while their neibors loosing their house. i don't think nintendo is gonna be hurting anytime soon and it forces them to do a better job of securing their products by making them harder to copy, that's gotta be a department of ppl right there who otherwise may not have jobs. i just think the whole morality thing is stupid. there are a whole lot more horrible things going on in the world, we just wanna play some games and can't afford to buy everything all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sak is a fishy pineapple