Yabause Wii Unofficial r2649 beta22

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
Yabause-icon.png
[tn=150]http://gbatemp.net/news/SegaSaturn11310.jpg[/tn]​

Yabause Wii, the Sega Saturn emulator, has received an update and is now at revision2649 beta22. See the change log for what's new in this release, and for more information check out the project page linked below.

QUOTE(Change Log 08/12/11) said:
  • add timing parameters, divide number for clock and smpc other timing. ex., Rockman 8 (it seems to be called as Mega Man 8 in the other areas) works at the divide number for clock=7, but very very slow.
  • add "Remove Setting File", "Reset Settings" menus
  • some minor fixes and changes

download.gif
Download
icon11.gif
Project Page

ninten360

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nice update but i'm still treating this like a kitsch proof-of-concept, do you people honestly think we'll have a a fully playable saturn emulator on the wii? Hell, we barely got a decent playstation emulator for it so what makes you think you can get a complex, convoluted, and extremely difficult to emulate system working on the wii?

Juanmatron

Slater Color
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
ninten360 said:
nice update but i'm still treating this like a kitsch proof-of-concept, do you people honestly think we'll have a a fully playable saturn emulator on the wii? Hell, we barely got a decent playstation emulator for it so what makes you think you can get a complex, convoluted, and extremely difficult to emulate system working on the wii?

That "barely" PS1 emulator that let me play Crash Bandicoot at almost full speed and etc? Besides this port isn't something like Wii64 and WiiSX that use dynamic recompiling techniques and heavily Wii-optimized rendering. Also with this kind of optimization, you generally have to deal with less accuracy, more bugs, etc.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ninten360 said:

You are better off using SSF emulator. It is the best fully playable saturn emulator. No, this emulator is not going to have a fully playable saturn emulator even for PC because only a very few games are playable.. SSF is the one you want for PC, of course.

baramos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
RockmanForte said:
ninten360 said:

You are better off using SSF emulator. It is the best fully playable saturn emulator. No, this emulator is not going to have a fully playable saturn emulator even for PC because only a very few games are playable.. SSF is the one you want for PC, of course.

Ya when it comes to Saturn Emulators SSF hands down is the only one worth bothering with It has played every game I've thrown at it perfectly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over