Yabause Wii Unofficial r2649 beta22

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by VatoLoco, Aug 13, 2011.

Aug 13, 2011
  1. VatoLoco
    OP

Member VatoLoco Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.

United States
    [​IMG]
    [tn=150]http://gbatemp.net/news/SegaSaturn11310.jpg[/tn]​

Yabause Wii, the Sega Saturn emulator, has received an update and is now at revision2649 beta22. See the change log for what's new in this release, and for more information check out the project page linked below.

[​IMG] Download
    [​IMG] Project Page

2. ninten360

Newcomer ninten360 Member

United States
    nice update but i'm still treating this like a kitsch proof-of-concept, do you people honestly think we'll have a a fully playable saturn emulator on the wii? Hell, we barely got a decent playstation emulator for it so what makes you think you can get a complex, convoluted, and extremely difficult to emulate system working on the wii?

3. Juanmatron

Member Juanmatron Slater Color

Spain
    That "barely" PS1 emulator that let me play Crash Bandicoot at almost full speed and etc? Besides this port isn't something like Wii64 and WiiSX that use dynamic recompiling techniques and heavily Wii-optimized rendering. Also with this kind of optimization, you generally have to deal with less accuracy, more bugs, etc.

4. azoreseuropa

Member azoreseuropa GBAtemp Psycho!

Portugal
    You are better off using SSF emulator. It is the best fully playable saturn emulator. No, this emulator is not going to have a fully playable saturn emulator even for PC because only a very few games are playable.. SSF is the one you want for PC, of course.

5. baramos

Newcomer baramos Advanced Member

Ya when it comes to Saturn Emulators SSF hands down is the only one worth bothering with It has played every game I've thrown at it perfectly.

6. Dingoo-fan 32

Member Dingoo-fan 32 GBAtemp Fan

Brazil
    It runs casttlevania?