Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Yabause Wii Alpha 1
Sega Saturn Emulator

Yabause Wii is a Sega Saturn Emulator for the Nintendo Wii! It's still in early development and can run a few commercial games.
You can learn more information about setting up and using Yabause Wii here.

download.gif
Download

yuyuyup

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
EDIT: FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE

from http://ssftribute.emuunlim.com/faq.php --

Saturn emulators need a fairly beefy PC to run due to the complexity of the hardware they emulate.

Hardware:

CPU - At least a Pentium 4 3.2Ghz or AMD64. SSF cannot run on a Pentium 3, Duron, Athlon XP or 32bit Semprons (Socket A) due to requiring SSE2 instructions not available in these and older CPUs. A Core 2 Duo E6300 is recommended for full-speed.

noONE

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
This will be great if they'll make it work somewhat playable, as i never have played Saturn (i've got one at home though.. barely working, with a crap control, and no games..)
and it's one of the few consoles i've got left that i really want to try, this might make it happen(not for a while though..)

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This is going to be an emulator I hope they pull off and I'm really looking forward to it. There were quite a few Saturn games I've always been interested in but have never been able to play, mostly Fighters Mega Mix.

I hope they improve on this.
biggrin.gif

Maktub

Trophies
XP
Country
I have Fighters mega mix original
biggrin.gif

Love that tvsystem, I've got two of them and it'd be GREAT to be able to play those games without having to take off the dust from 'em.

Daimakaimura

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
yuyuyup said:

Saturn emulators need a fairly beefy PC to run due to the complexity of the hardware they emulate.

Hardware:

CPU - At least a Pentium 4 3.2Ghz or AMD64. SSF cannot run on a Pentium 3, Duron, Athlon XP or 32bit Semprons (Socket A) due to requiring SSE2 instructions not available in these and older CPUs. A Core 2 Duo E6300 is recommended for full-speed.
since when are you the guy that says it's Fake or not, you didn't even try it
i bet you yourself are fake
laugh.gif

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
Daimakaimura said:
yuyuyup said:

Hardware:

since when are you the guy that says it's Fake or not, you didn't even try it
i bet you yourself are fake
laugh.gif

yes also anything posted on wiibrew is true

Daimakaimura

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
yuyuyup said:
the reason I dismiss it is because the PC emulator has requirements that surpass what the Wii can do.
dismissing has nothing to do whit Shouting that it was fake
it has been in development for several months now .... so

at least there's a future possibility to play saturn bomberman on something else than the saturn
grog.gif

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Some of you don't seem to understand that only a complete twat or saddo would announce an emulator weeks beforehand then make a fake alpha video, where it seems perfectly realistic.
Sure, the requirements for the PC version are high, but that doesn't make it impossible to get it onto the Wii! A very skilled programmer/hacker could do it on the Wii I reckon. Besides, even if it doesn't get to full speed, it'll still run. You're as bad as those saying WiiMiidia is fake.

Not that I have much interest in the Sega Saturn, as I've never ever played one or any of its games. Perhaps I'll give it a go for the first time once it gets a release.

tomqman

This Is Everyone's Fault But Mine.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
yuyuyup said:

Hardware:

well ive was playing nights on my computer a few months back and it ran very smooth (with a few graphical glicthes) and my pc is a bit below that spec

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm actually pretty impressed that it runs games at all! The speed while not great wasn't too bad. Pity he chose Initial D to show the emulator working with though. It's one of the worst games released on the Saturn. I'd definitely say it's an emulator worth watching out for. If they can optimize the code well enough and figure it a nice time slicing routine so it can process both chips at the same it'll probably be runnable.

I know this probably sounds like a dumb question but if you were to compare the Wii to a PC what CPU would it be closest to?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: @NinStar I like it gentle, then rough, then gentle again. Then I nap.