Y the newest WiiBackupManager can't do,old can

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by sniperz, Jan 2, 2010.

Jan 2, 2010
  1. sniperz
    OP

Newcomer sniperz Member

China
    The same GAME i can transfer it to my USB HDD with WiiBackupManager0.3.0beta4,but it won't work on WiiBackupManager0.3.2.
    I use flfl's wbfs manager to switch the GAME DISC to *.wbf ,then change the extension name *.wbf to *.wbfs.When i select this game on WiiBackupManager0.3.0beta4 i can see it,and i can also transfer it.But when i use WiiBackupManager0.3.2, the game can not appear at all.

The WiiBackupManager0.3.2's Changelog has written "Bug fixed: .wbf to .wbfs...." so,what does this mean?

That's my Log as follows:

WiiBackupManager0.3.0beta4

2. fig2k4

Member fig2k4 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    Because you've messed up your split files. Why did you rename all the wbf1 file to wbfs? Rename all the smaller files back to wbf1 and it should work OK. If you've deleted any of the .wbfs or .wbf1 files, you'll need to redo the games.. Beta 4 probably had force mode enabled, but it won't help if you've deleted anything.

Edit:
    OK I read that incorrectly.. So, flfl's wbfs manager was used to transfer the DVD to wbfs.. It sounds like the manager doesn't write the recalculated wbfs sector count correctly after trimming the file. Or maybe it doesn't trim the wbfs file at all. This won't work on the Wii and wbfs_file will refuse to read it too, without force mode. Maybe I'll add an option to enable force mode, which will allow people to recover the discs in this situation. Probably converting the WBFS file in beta 4 will recover it OK though. You can just save it as another WBFS file..

3. pepxl

Member pepxl GFX W!Z4RD

United Kingdom
    why did you make another thread you were adviced to ask fig2k4 in his manger thread

FAIL

4. sniperz
    OP

Newcomer sniperz Member

China

Thank you, I'll try to save it as another WBFS file.Because i have used the flfl's wbfs manager for a long time before i got WiiBackupManager,So i have a lot of that kind of wbfs files.