Not open for further replies.

stivsama

GBA-Tenchan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hehe, Kivan mebbe you should speak as the 0wNz0R of GBATemp, cuz you are kinda like the godfather to us all, hehe..

Oh, and I like that as a discussion group, we kinda defy/rebel against the numbering, and members, although indirectly, feel right smack in the middle of it.. It's so melodramatic, I just CANT HELP BUT STAY!

Did anyone else get to level 99 or something? IF that isn't a glitch/prog doorway, I dunna what is.
happy.gif

Zeldafrea

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I am making this post to clear up a few things requarding the leak and distrobution of the Sonic Advance 3 ROM since it seems that even the people in charge are confused. This post is meant for that purpose only and nothing more.

First of all. I am the Zeldafrea listed in this topic as the leaker. And yes, I was the one who leaked the ROM. However while I am taking the fall for this, keep in mind that the leak I did was only from the internal #gbatemp chat group to #gbanow which resulted in public distrobution of the ROM.

Second of all, I will go over a partial list of events that happened from my point of view, which is as follows:

1. The rom was somehow leaked from THQ and somehow wound up in gbatemp. From what I understand the ROM was then hacked and modified a bit as I hear there where some issues about it being playable on emulators at that time.

2. Someone in that group thought that I was in the group and sent the ROM to me under strict instructions that I was under no circumstances to let send the ROM to anyone, nor let anyone know I had it as it was an internal release. I was told it would be released at a later date which I will no disclose here.
I played a portion of the game to determine that it was in fact the real deal(although I had no doubts what so ever because the person that sent it to me had no reason to send a fake).

3. And under a false impression by other people in various places(please not the the person that sent it to me was NOT one of those people) that this release was just being hoarded I decided I would "help" spreading it, even though it broke my promise to not distrobute it and I knew that it would most likly wind up with me getting banned(which I understand). I then sent the ROM to exactly 3 people(at that time). I made plans with one of those people(who will be left unnamed as I take responsibility for their actions as well) to get the ROM out. That person made an NFO file and uploaded it to a distrobution FTP. He sent me the NFO and I uploaded it to a smaller ftp.

4. All hell broke loose, I was then banned from #gbatemp and all affilated channels, put under verbal abuse, and all that stuff.

5. I later found out that the zip file I got with the ROM did not include the proper NFO files it should have and that this release was a big deal.

Thirdly I will give my veiws and feelings on what has happened since then. I now relize that I should not have done what I did, and only did it to give people what they want as there where people who where sorta waving it in peoples faces. I did NOT mean for it to hurt the people it did nor hurt the community. I did not do it to gain any credit for being the first to release as I think thats stupid. I only put my name on it because people know that I do no knowingly put out bad stuff and I do not want others taking the fall for my actions.

I would also like to clear up some things. First of all, I did NOT steal the ROM, it was given to me by someone who honestly thought I was meant to have it. Second, I was not caught doing it either as it was known from the start by certain people it was me who did it. And as soon as I relized I got myself into more trouble then I ever intended to, I tried to put a confession in(though I was not allowed to at the time).

I understand the ban, and the flames requarding my action. But please keep in mind that I didn't think it was as big a deal as is it. I did know however it was an internal and not meant for distrobution, but with the actions of others thought it was just a cover.

If my ban is ever removed from the channels I will be gratefull, but I do not expect it. I also would not be surprised if this account is deleted as well as I do deserve it. I just ask that this post is not deleted and that the appropriate actions are taken.

and if for some reason I am ever trusted with any other internal releases I wont distro it. In fact you wont even know I have it.

So I sincerly apolize to everyone from the bottom of my heart, especially the people I [semi-unknowing] put at risk because of it. And I hope I will be forgiven.

Also, before any actions are taken against this post by the moderators of this forum or the gbatemp channel, I would like to just say that I have talked with ********* and he agreed with me that it would be a good idea to make this post. Although I did tell him the general idea, I did not tell him the specifics of it.

-Zeldafrea

P.S. I also apologize for the long post, but felt it was nessary to create and account and make the post.

[edit]I also would like to say, that it would probably be best if the IND release be taken out of distro[/]

dEC0DED

Trophies
Website
www.visualdecibel.com
XP
Country
Canada
ya... that's smart... lets tell nintendo who has and releases the roms.

fuckin idiot. im not posting here anymore.

u ruined it all

2 heated

fukin kids.

also u should've used anonym while surfing this site.... you've been logged and teh f3dz will 0wn u

Jojjy Ugnick

shake your bonbon
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE([K0R) said:
,Mar 22 2004, 11:30 PM] ya... that's smart... lets tell nintendo who has and releases the roms.

fuckin idiot. im not posting here anymore.

u ruined it all

2 heated

fukin kids.

also u should've used anonym while surfing this site.... you've been logged and teh f3dz will 0wn u
Learn to type, retard, or go back to AOL.

ReyVGM

Game Endings Master
Trophies
Website
www.vgmuseum.com
XP
Country
Come on zeldafrea.... I have nothing against you or anything... but how in the hell could you have thought that the thing about someone getting in trouble at THQ was a lie just to keep the rom hoarded?
I mean the game doesn't even have a real release date yet, where else do you think a rom of it could have come from?

Its obvious. Also, you shouldnt have sent it to people that are outside the chan. It was obvious that they were going to release it.
You know no one hoards in the gba scene, if it was hoarded it was because someone would get into trouble if the game got out so fast.

frown.gif

Dee

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't think a release thread's ever been locked before, but this is starting to feel like a potential candidate...
blink.gif

B

BuffPipes

LOL! This is hilarious. What a moron for trying to take credit for other's dumping.

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
QUOTE said:
I don't think a release thread's ever been locked before, but this is starting to feel like a potential candidate...

Yes one release thread has been locked before, it was just spammed non-stop.

Please use this thread to talk about the game, don't spam it or carry on with any dramas.

Zeldafrea

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Come on zeldafrea.... I have nothing against you or anything... but how in the hell could you have thought that the thing about someone getting in trouble at THQ was a lie just to keep the rom hoarded?
I mean the game doesn't even have a real release date yet, where else do you think a rom of it could have come from?

Its obvious. Also, you shouldnt have sent it to people that are outside the chan. It was obvious that they were going to release it.
You know no one hoards in the gba scene, if it was hoarded it was because someone would get into trouble if the game got out so fast.

frown.gif
I know most of you don't hold anything against me personally. As for not knowing someone at THQ would get in trouble. I did not think that was a lie. Mainly cause noone ever told that to me. You are the first. Last I checked, there was release dates posted on gamefaqs. As for sending it outside the chan, that was kinda the idea(as I told them it was ok, and I sent it to a distro ftp at the same time). I wasnt gonna spread it around the very place people know it shouldn't be spread period. And as I said, I am sincerly sorry and I wish I had put far more thought into this. I know it was wrong, and I never dreamed it would cause the problems it did. In fact I had a dream that 2 of the OPs made a special trip to beat me down for it. THATs how guilty I feel about it. As for knowing how the gba scene works, unfortunally I do not know all that much about it. I just know a few random things that I'm told by various people.

As for being obvious, I didnt even notice the obvious marking, do you really think I would have noticed anything else.

I do not wish to cause any more problems then I already did. And for the good of the entire community it probably would be best if its not discussed in great detail publicly because it involves stuff the general public shouldnt be consired with.

I just hope this all blows over, no feelings remain hurt, noone gets in trouble, and things can go back to how they where before. And if that involves me leaving, then so be it. I always thought I was priviledged to be in the position I was, and I blew it. With that, I just want to say again how deeply and truly sorry I am

[edit]opium, I agree. I only put the post here because that is where I feel they belong, if whoever is in charge thinks a new thread should be created, I will gladly do it and am trying to keep my posts to a minimun. I would actually prefer people to talk things with me in private, but some people are still really upset about it and dont want to talk to me.

BuffPipes, I am NOT trying to take credit for it. I have no gain in doing so. I personally dont care who gets the credit. As I said before I only did it to get the ROM out not thinking it would be a big deal.
[/edit]

No Name Trowa Barton

Namaiki iun-ja naiyo™
Trophies
Website
www.NoNameTrowaBarton.com
XP
Country
United States
well let me say this...

internal releases should stay internal to the compony that they come from. there is no way in hell i would want a Release grupe, or even a fan grupe of my game get my game before its release. for one main reasion. because they are the target audience.

we should find the person who leaked the rom to gbatemp and spade/nuder him/her with a spork!

Cutman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sheesh, we're here, having an important political debate, and you want help in this illegal alien rom!?

ARE YOU UN-PATRIOTIC?!

Xanthious

Scratch & Sniff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There is no honor amongst thieves you say ?!? I sir take offense that you insinuate that the good people of gbatemp would in any way download a ROM from any chat client or website without either owning the actual game or have nothing but the purest of intentions of deleting it after 24 hours. Furthermore I say that personally speaking I have never once even downloaded a ROM without one of the previous two statements being true. Oh yeah and I fly around all day on butterfly like wings and I breath fire and I cure the sick by sheer will alone. . . . . ummmm yeah there is no honor amongst thieves too true.
tongue.gif

btw I am curious how this drama plays out though the plot and charecter development are top notch. . . . .
rolleyes.gif

eldryne

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sure there's honour amongst theives; in the right environment. At a certain aforementioned forum that beings with G, there's nothing but honor and respect. Things this community used to have, and could stand to get back!

Inu268

woof
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
download a ROM from any chat client or website without either owning the actual game or have nothing but the purest of intentions of deleting it after 24 hours.
both statements are wrong,downloading ROMs are illegal,you can only back up your whon games,not download form some1 else and some noob made that 24 hours thing and people are to stupid to realise it is fake.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: @_@