RELEASE xv2savdec - Tool to decrypt/encrypt Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 Switch save files

Discussion in 'Switch - ROM Hacking, Saves, Translations & Tools' started by ukee, Nov 14, 2018.

1. omega7

omega7 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 16, 2018
    Australia
    Heres my save with absolutely everything, unfortunately, if you want to use it you're going to have to buy the tp medal packs.Its renamed and decrypted.

Attached Files:

Dx-Ren and Dtk0kai like this.
  2. Dtk0kai

Dtk0kai Member

Newcomer
    Jul 1, 2017
    United States
    Gona try this out like now lol

Update: it works just DON'T ACCEPT THE TP when you start the game. Otherwise it wipes the save data.

Last edited by Dtk0kai, Jan 26, 2019
  3. omega7

omega7 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 16, 2018
    Australia
    I made this in order to expand on Kirei's post. With my experiences preceded by a"-".

Equipment and Item Format
    Equipment
    Items
    QQ Bangs
    Skills (taken from the compilation)

I've posted my save as an example above, it has absolutely everything, all 90+ in terms of quantity.Additionally, it is theoretically possible to change the big hologram in the town square to other preset heroes as evidenced in LazyBone's editor.

Last edited by omega7, Jan 26, 2019
  4. Dtk0kai

Dtk0kai Member

Newcomer
    Jul 1, 2017
    United States
    So does this mean you will have 98 qq bangs? Cus I'm only seeing one.

5. omega7

omega7 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 16, 2018
    Australia
    Yes its 62 (therefore 98) because I've equipped it to one of my characters.Couldn't be bothered to make any other QQ bangs

6. Dtk0kai

Dtk0kai Member

Newcomer
    Jul 1, 2017
    United States
    So to make more than on or clone it just go down a line? I'm curious cus I'm trying to make multiple characters to match my xbone game

7. omega7

omega7 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 16, 2018
    Australia
    Yup here an example of multiple qq bangs.Highlighted the 1st 2
    upload_2019-1-26_18-58-11.

Dtk0kai likes this.
  8. Dtk0kai

Dtk0kai Member

Newcomer
    Jul 1, 2017
    United States
    Awesome thanks. I'll mess around by the looks of it I'd just follow that pattern right left etc, really appreciate answering my possibly annoying questions

omega7 likes this.
  9. NSW-Shadow

NSW-Shadow Member

Newcomer
    Aug 3, 2018
    United States
    To anyone who could not get the experimental PC conversion by supermariorick to work, I found a way. Not sure if this is the best way to do it, but I got it to work. I made a new user on a different SD from my XV2 stuff normally, made a character in a different region (idk if this did anything, but I did it just cuz, so I am in US and just chose Europe for that) and as soon as I created a shitty patroller, I took the save, did all the stuff to it from supermariorick's guide, and got the lazybones XV2 PC editor to edit it. Now, I have all the moves, clothes, etc!

omega7 and Dtk0kai like this.
  10. Rapz

Rapz Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 11, 2019
    Indonesia
    Thks bro

omega7 likes this.
  11. supermariorick

supermariorick GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 18, 2010
    United States
    how did you get this working? After the latest game update and DLC, I get the same parse time error as the other saves.

12. MonadoRequiem

MonadoRequiem Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 13, 2019
    United Kingdom
    I genuinely have no idea lmao

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I took that with DLC 8 installed and everything, this is an interesting problem

I don't think I've had any problems

13. Da_ve

Da_ve Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 1, 2019
    United States
    Does this still work? I really want to get more TP medals and exp for the hero's colosseum...

14. Burorī

Burorī GBAtemp Regular

Mar 23, 2018
    Belgium
    Did you find out or not?

15. Light_Strategist

Light_Strategist Member

Newcomer
    Mar 14, 2017
    Don't suppose there'll be an update to the simple save editor to get all of the new moves and 99 of all of the Clothes, Accessories, Super Souls and Gifts?

Just sitting here for one save buying 99 of everything in the shops alone is killing my left thumb...

and then of course there's the RNG to consider for a lot of the other stuff...

16. Burorī

Burorī GBAtemp Regular

Mar 23, 2018
    Belgium
    You can edit your Switch savefile using the regular PC save editor, it's really easy

17. Light_Strategist

Light_Strategist Member

Newcomer
    Mar 14, 2017
    Wait, seriously?!? :wtf:

18. Rauber-sama

Rauber-sama Member

Newcomer
    Mar 31, 2017
    Brazil
    I want to know how to make that to! I'm trying right now to load my save file(from switch) throught lazybones save editor for pc, but the switch save is a .dat program and the steam one is a .sav one so how do i convert one format to another?

19. Burorī

Burorī GBAtemp Regular

Mar 23, 2018
    Belgium
    You will need HxD for this

20. Rauber-sama

Rauber-sama Member

Newcomer
    Mar 31, 2017
    Brazil
    I actually looked up on a few tutorials and read the whole thread again, i actually got to convert my save into a PC save and modify it with the save editor and then transform it back to switch. The part of Hex editing was hard but not so troublesome(since its very few things to do).
    I got everything i wanted this way, just the new mentor super souls arent unlockable with the save editor i believe, since they havent appeared there for me. Problem is i wanted some of those super souls XD.