RELEASE xv2savdec - Tool to decrypt/encrypt Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 Switch save files

Discussion in 'Switch - ROM Hacking, Saves, Translations & Tools' started by ukee, Nov 14, 2018.

1. Dx-Ren

Dx-Ren Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 3, 2018
    Mexico
    With this we can have the skill and the clothes that only get in the online events?

2. ukee
    OP

ukee GBAtemp Regular

Nov 23, 2015
    Malaysia
    I just tried the conversion method thing and failed to make it work with the save editor, the editor keep giving an error on parsing time similar to what happened to @NSW-Shadow.

I'm guessing it has something to do with header information being wrong or something?
    Also my save file's header starts off with 23 53 41 56 00 0C 00 00 F1 97 12 F2 00 00 00 00 if that makes any difference.

NSW-Shadow likes this.
  3. Goku6

Goku6 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 4, 2019
    Italy
    M

Last edited by Goku6, Jan 4, 2019
  4. supermariorick

supermariorick GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 18, 2010
    United States
    Yes. If you can find the offsets or somehow get the experimental "conversion" working. I guess it's having issues working for everybody. In any case, you can likely do most things without "conversion" by hex editing the Switch version save and using the data from the PC version save editing to cross-reference and figure out how to manually edit it yourself. It's too bad EdiZon doesn't have the means to add checksum algorithms yet or we could add a script that injects save files with dragon balls (since you can't set them to 99 and you can only get a full set of seven each time without RAMhacking). I'll have to look into how to actually get save "conversion" working for others as the method I have only seems to work with my save for now.

NSW-Shadow and Dx-Ren like this.
  5. GameCarton

GameCarton Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 23, 2018
    Belgium
    Can I import my PC XV2 save to the Switch version ? (I doubt this will work)

6. Rapz

Rapz Newbie

Newcomer
    Friday
    Indonesia
    Please, share your save data xv2 switch

7. MonadoRequiem

MonadoRequiem Newbie

Newcomer
    Sunday
    United Kingdom
    The experimental conversion worked for me. It only renders characters unusable and crashes the game when trying to load certain characters if you mess with their mentor data, specifically your advancement level. I recommend making a back-up of your previous file so characters can be recovered, as lazybone's editor allows importing and exporting of characters.

Everything else works fine, from what I know. I'll send screenshots soon.