RELEASE xv2savdec - Tool to decrypt/encrypt Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 Switch save files

Discussion in 'Switch - ROM Hacking, Saves, Translations & Tools' started by ukee, Nov 14, 2018.

1. Dx-Ren

Dx-Ren Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 3, 2018
    Mexico
    With this we can have the skill and the clothes that only get in the online events?

2. ukee
    OP

ukee GBAtemp Regular

Nov 23, 2015
    Malaysia
    I just tried the conversion method thing and failed to make it work with the save editor, the editor keep giving an error on parsing time similar to what happened to @NSW-Shadow.

I'm guessing it has something to do with header information being wrong or something?
    Also my save file's header starts off with 23 53 41 56 00 0C 00 00 F1 97 12 F2 00 00 00 00 if that makes any difference.

NSW-Shadow likes this.
  3. Goku6

Goku6 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 4, 2019
    Italy
    M

Last edited by Goku6, Jan 4, 2019
  4. supermariorick

supermariorick GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 18, 2010
    United States
    Yes. If you can find the offsets or somehow get the experimental "conversion" working. I guess it's having issues working for everybody. In any case, you can likely do most things without "conversion" by hex editing the Switch version save and using the data from the PC version save editing to cross-reference and figure out how to manually edit it yourself. It's too bad EdiZon doesn't have the means to add checksum algorithms yet or we could add a script that injects save files with dragon balls (since you can't set them to 99 and you can only get a full set of seven each time without RAMhacking). I'll have to look into how to actually get save "conversion" working for others as the method I have only seems to work with my save for now.

NSW-Shadow and Dx-Ren like this.
  5. Burorī

Burorī GBAtemp Regular

Mar 23, 2018
    Belgium
    Can I import my PC XV2 save to the Switch version ? (I doubt this will work)

6. Rapz

Rapz Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 11, 2019
    Indonesia
    Please, share your save data xv2 switch

7. MonadoRequiem

MonadoRequiem Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 13, 2019
    United Kingdom
    The experimental conversion worked for me. It only renders characters unusable and crashes the game when trying to load certain characters if you mess with their mentor data, specifically your advancement level. I recommend making a back-up of your previous file so characters can be recovered, as lazybone's editor allows importing and exporting of characters.

Everything else works fine, from what I know. I'll send screenshots soon.

8. NSW-Shadow

NSW-Shadow Member

Newcomer
    Aug 3, 2018
    United States
    As far as I know, it isn't possible

9. Burorī

Burorī GBAtemp Regular

Mar 23, 2018
    Belgium
    The shop mod doesn't work either

10. NSW-Shadow

NSW-Shadow Member

Newcomer
    Aug 3, 2018
    United States
    and I heard mentor data was a weird are, so I presume that
    Shop mod lost support awhile ago, only option now is to hex edit your stuff or try the conversion

11. MonadoRequiem

MonadoRequiem Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 13, 2019
    United Kingdom
    upload_2019-1-18_5-0-44.

My switch file loaded up

12. NSW-Shadow

NSW-Shadow Member

Newcomer
    Aug 3, 2018
    United States
    Ukee, Monado took a crack at my save and it still failed. He has come to the conclusion that maybe our actual time in the game is what is giving the parse time error?? I'm unsure of anything, but ig knowing how long you've played XV2 and generic save info would be a start in getting a fix someday

13. Burorī

Burorī GBAtemp Regular

Mar 23, 2018
    Belgium
    SANS (Slot 7)

14. omega7

omega7 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 16, 2018
    Australia
    How did you get it to load? Has anyone found the offset for gifts yet?

Last edited by omega7, Jan 24, 2019
  15. omega7

omega7 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 16, 2018
    Australia
    Gifts are part of Mixing items, cross checked with PC save editor.Super soul is in 6408

Last edited by omega7, Jan 25, 2019
    Kotomine Kirei likes this.
  16. Dtk0kai

Dtk0kai Member

Newcomer
    Jul 1, 2017
    United States
    So I'm a total noob when it comes to hex editing, I was trying to make sense of what you said in regards to the QQ bangs locations and I couldn't find them. Perhaps I'm not looking in the right spot or Im 100 percent lost and didn't even recognize it. Could you possibly post a screen shot of the qq bang hex string so I can know what I'm looking for. I'm on v1.11.00

Last edited by Dtk0kai, Jan 25, 2019
  17. omega7

omega7 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 16, 2018
    Australia
    upload_2019-1-26_0-29-13.
    Hopes this help.A note on category number, you have to put in the correct numbers as stated in Kirei's post or else some items wont work

18. Dtk0kai

Dtk0kai Member

Newcomer
    Jul 1, 2017
    United States
    Perfect thanks!!

19. NSW-Shadow

NSW-Shadow Member

Newcomer
    Aug 3, 2018
    United States
    To anyone who actually got the experimental PC conversion to work. I give up on making my save work but uh, pls share a copy of your save or something so that I could modify it some more etc.

20. NANASHI89

NANASHI89 GBAtemp Addict

May 3, 2012
    United States
    Will send you my save from the Switch version, is that OK?

Dtk0kai likes this.