XP
Country
United States
XStylus Review

INTRODUCTION
D-1.png

This a review of the XStylus, designed by Elton Long
The XStylus is the only DS lite stylus to expand in both length and grip

I know what you’re thinking, it’s too late, the 3DS will be release soon, but I was told they are working on a 3DS stylus. So hopefully with enough people to back the project they can release and expand and their product
This stylus design won a bronze award in the 2010 Taipei International Show and Technomart

I got a prototype which is the second last generation sample.

BUILD QUALITY
The XStylus is made from recyclable plastic, and the pin shaft is stainless steel, it will be hand assembled and packaged in Hong Kong.
It weighs almost the same as the DS lite’s stylus, the pin shaft is pretty solid, and when folded it feels exactly like a regular stylus. It fits in the DS perfectly.
The plastic used to make the XStylus is a little flexible, but it will not break, I would prefer a harder plastic for the inner part of the stylus.
6.png
5.png

Top to bottom, XStylus, DS lite stylus, DSi XL stylus

4.png
7.png

FUCTIONALITY
When expanded you get 70% more grip and the length is increased by 22%.
It should help reduce the chance of arthritis or tendonitis and encourage a proper way to hold a writing instruments.
The XStylus can only be expanded in one direction(clockwise)
A.png
B.png
C.png
D.png

It has two little tabs (see picture) to stop you from accidentally pushing the inner part of the stylus all the way through when expanding the XStylus.
1.png

I tested the Stylus for a whole day with The legend of Zelda: Phantom of the Hour Glass and it did great, it was much more comfortable to hold and use when compared to the original DS lite stylus.
I had my girl use it for a couple of hours and she agreed, it was more comfortable and it’s easier to grip
She tested it on Picross 3D and Plant VS Zombies.
3.png
2.png

CONCLUSION

The XStylus does what it’s suppose to do, improve the way you use a DS stylus. You can leave it closed for quick use or expand it when you want to use it for a long period of time. I’m very impressed with this stylus, I highly recommend the XStylus for anyone looking for a better stylus for their DS lite.

So if you think you might be interested, please help back this product
It’s only $25 for 4 XStylus
You will get your money back if the project is not fully funded. Your credit card will only be charged when the full 10k are raised

USERS' OPTION: Same as the $20 deal except shipping has been added on so that you don't have to do it manually. This reward includes 2 sets of XStylus (i.e. 4 styluses) and DONOR status recognition on greenbulb.com website. (worldwide shipping included)

To preorder your XStylus go here.

For more information about the XStylus go here.

This project has been canceled, collecting the money needed to help this project advance to the next step failed, there was too many bounced checks and/or people who orderd did not have the money available.

He did make a new version of this for the 3DS, you can see it here: http://www.indiegogo.com/XStylus-Crayon

I would like to thank Elton Leung for this review sample and for providing me with loads of information.

zeromac

Finally reached 1000 posts EXACTLY
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Didn't the maker of this post on this fourm awhile ago to try and get suggestions? I remember him showing a prototype made out of a straw?..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It could get banned from PSN but you can change your ID I think?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did you try wearing them?