Xperia Play phone or other emulator handhelds?

Harsky

Madmin
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I decided that emulators on touchscreens aren't the best way to play emulated games like the snes unless they're rpgs. Is an xperia play with the emulators a good purchase or should I get something more dedicated like a dingoo?

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
I got one and its great for emu's, Ive got a PSOne, Megadrive, SNES and MAME on mine. Tried them one a pure touchscreen and its shite, love the Xperia Play :)

EDIT: Love the avatar btw, watch AV with my kids along with Gumball. Best toons on Cartoon Network

ninten360

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

you are aware that that's an unauthorized clone of the Mupen64plus AE emulator, while he may have credited it, the author pretty much just outright copied-and-pasted the source code and doesn't bother to improve or modify it in anyway other then the name, figured this guy would just take credit from someone else's n64 emulator and make a quick buck since Mupen64plus itself was just recently taken off of Google Play, pff.. what a load...

if you want your hands on the real deal here's the link
http://www.paulscode.com/forum/index.php?topic=96.msg2243#msg2243

support the REAL creator anyway you can

Reactions: 1 person

Zerosuit connor

Baby I'm Back ♥
Trophies
XP
Country
I have only good things to say about my Xperia play! It runs GBA flawlessly and you can install psone games using the native official Sony app. N64 runs well on stock devices but better on overclocked ones. Snes runs flawlessly and there are a large amount of Xperia play optimized games and apps that are free and paid. The phone is very customizable due to the fact that it runs android 2.3.4 stock and is due to get 4.0.3 at the end of may. As a phone it performs well in internet browsing and foruming as I am doing right now. If you need to know anything or the names and links emulators or to methods described ie overclocking or anything in general I would be ecstatic to help :)

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The nice thing about the Xperia is that you can use any Android emulator and most you can configure the physical keys as well, so hello NES, SNES, GB/A/C, Genesis, GG, MAME and Atari.

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay

you are aware that that's an unauthorized clone of the Mupen64plus AE emulator, while he may have credited it, the author pretty much just outright copied-and-pasted the source code and doesn't bother to improve or modify it in anyway other then the name, figured this guy would just take credit from someone else's n64 emulator and make a quick buck since Mupen64plus itself was just recently taken off of Google Play, pff.. what a load...

if you want your hands on the real deal here's the link
http://www.paulscode...msg2243#msg2243

support the REAL creator anyway you can

Didn't see a problem seeing as the source is available and he gave full credits. If the guy had claimed it to be his, then I would have an issue

Quietlyawesome94

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recommend using N64oid if you want speed, or Mupen64 Plus, Android Edition if you want constant updates and different options. I would warn you that other projects that take Paul's source code generally don't add much to the source and are in it for a quck buck. Besides, the original project is free on his website: http://www.paulscode.com/forum/index.php?topic=96.0

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: