Android Xperia Arc Hotspot Issues?

haddad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a problem, or not really sure its a problem because I cant really tell, I have a Xperia Arc, running Android 2.3.3, I bought the phone out-right from BestBuy, it was a locked Rogers Branded Phone, but I unlocked it with a Sim Unlock Code, my problem basically is the portable hotspot feature on the Arc, am using a fido sim card, and I get normal data speeds, good connectivity with Data, all works fine, but as soon as I want to turn on Mobile Hotspot, I turn it on it says active, I try both open Authentication, and with a password, the data goes 'off' and when I try to connect to a webpage on my Arc's browser it wont open any page, and when I try say an iPhone, the phone finds the Arc named under Lt15a, connects to the hotspot, the Wifi bars appear on the top, but no internet connectivity occurs on the iPhone, same deal with a laptop it says 'limited or no connectivity' so am not exactly sure why its not working, when I had an iPhone portable hotspot was a simple click with no problem, and the phone's provider didn't much matter, so basically is a Rogers Arc, Sim unlocked and using a Fido Sim card, 3G full functional, but not functional when hotspot is enabled.

Thank you!! for Any Help!

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
I'm guessing it may be that Fido is blocking the feature, since some carriers prevent you from using tethering and such without paying an extra fee. I haven't had any issues with tethering / mobile hot-spot on my Arc (Rogers branded as well).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: Good morning everyone