Gaming XP and Possible Browser Troubles

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Alright, I'm having a slight little problem. Just recently I finally got around to toasting the Vista install because it became horribly slow and, after installing service pack 1, the start-up time became completely inconsistent. Seriously, could be up in a minute, could take 6. It's a piece of shit but moving on.

I just did a new XP install, still doing most the autoupdates but I'm on SP3 to cover much of them. Here's the problem though. Let's say I'm talking to someone on IRC or Windows Live Messenger and they paste a link. If I click the link, that program becomes non-responsive for about 30 second and then the link finally loads. Regardless of default browser (I prefer Opera). Now I'm also doing some web design work for a buddy so I check the page to make sure everything is good by double-clicking it in explorer. Big surprise, it becomes non-responsive for 30 seconds and then the browser loads the page and explorer is A-OK again. See a trend? This is a fresh XP install, 2 days old and only programs installed are ones I've always used.

Has anyone seen this issue before?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    PotatoStatic @ PotatoStatic: Jesus. Someone really wants to give me speedy loans.