XKW or XKJ - Nintendo Switch Advice

Deleted member 594761

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I’m trying to understand the difference between the XKJ and the XKW Nintendo Switch. I went to buy one second hand expecting the serial no. XKW but it was XKJ. Reading on here there is something about bluetooth and hacking and a patch. Can anyone help me understand this and which one is safe to buy. Thanks

Digitalcat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Neither are the ones you want to purchase, the Bluetooth doesn't lead to anything usable to push anything and has already been patched, ideally, you want to get, if possible a new 2017 switch, a lot of places still sell some complete new ones, but mostly eBay and other local marketplaces depending on country. Otherwise, just get a cheap second-hand switch that is hackable.

Unless willing to hardmod, the XKW and XKJ will never be hackable and given current modchips require some hardcore skill in soldering because ayylmao micro solder points, you again are probably way better off just getting a v1 switch.

UltimateFight

Trophies
XP
Country
China
They are basically the same, the third letter indicates the region of sale. J (Japan) It blocks some 5G WIFI channels for policy (or some other) reasons.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi
I’m trying to understand the difference between the XKJ and the XKW Nintendo Switch. I went to buy one second hand expecting the serial no. XKW but it was XKJ. Reading on here there is something about bluetooth and hacking and a patch. Can anyone help me understand this and which one is safe to buy. Thanks
XKW means its a console for the West while XKJ means its a console for Japan. Either way, both consoles would be patched and would require a modchip in order to be hacked.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    KenniesNewName @ KenniesNewName: You've only seen a small percent of the worst of it