XP
Country
Canada

tom2199

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
At this time I would avoid the battery version of RCM-X86, there is a capacitor version that seems to be okay.
are you sure? i thought the beta-version (v1) had capacitors (some aliexpress-sellers still use that picture), but the v2 and v3 (afaik the newest) have li-ion batteries

digixman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
which Microcontroller it used? ATSAMD 21 is about $3 , It will easy to update the payload?

Replace/update the payload steps:
1 Connect RCMloader to the computer by MicroUSB cable.
2 After the computer automatically recognizes the RCMloader as a USB flash disk, copy the payload.bin file to the corresponding folder to replace the payload.
* The payload file MUST rename as payload.bin

DayVeeBoi

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
are you sure? i thought the beta-version (v1) had capacitors (some aliexpress-sellers still use that picture), but the v2 and v3 (afaik the newest) have li-ion batteries
Pretty sure what happened is someone on a chinese forum designed v1 with capacitors as maybe a personal project or something and shared it and other unknown parties adapted the design to get rid of expensive caps and replace it with (nearly free) ancient Li-on cells thereby taking a good circuit and turning it into a sub-par one to make money. You can take a look at the thread over here--> https://gbatemp.net/threads/adafruit-trinket-m0-problem.516259/ if you're interested.

From what I can tell it was never designed to charge a li-ion from the USB-A port and along with old cells is causing some unintended consequences. I have had success with allowing the battery to charge every few days by leeching the switches power via USB-C (such as would normally happen with capacitors although much longer recharge periods obviously).

Reactions: tom2199

Deleted member 412537

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its on the east coast already. Yay!!! Since I'm very new to hacking the switch, I'd rather wait till a more experienced person posts their review about the item first.

stewacide

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Thanks. Ended up ordering the NX-Atmosphere since it looks to be the most dependable (having a decent-sized battery), even if interfacing it to the computer looks janky. The ones using caps and charging off the Switch itself are too clever by half imo.

eskinner3742

GBAtemp Professional Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ordered a cheap dongle from eBay for about $13. 1 month later I get a package with my tracking number on it but a size 8 cheap-o ring inside... So there's that.

The R4s dongle I ordered the same day came a week sooner and I actually got what I ordered... Very nice product btw

Deleted member 412537

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Either someone stole my package or it was sent somewhere else..I hate this shit.
I don't know what to do right now since the post office is closed. :/
Update: Someone signed for my dongle at another house.
I doubt they even have a Switch.
This sucks. ;-;

Last edited by Deleted member 412537,

Deleted member 412537

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The post office found my package!
I love the size of the dongle. its so tinyyyyy like an eraser. I think I might lose it. lol

Edit:You have to use a bit of power to get the cord into the dongle.My brother did it for me. I was hesitant since it might cause damage.
Hmm, the payloads are set up to find easily like with CFW for the 3DS.I like it. Sorta confused by the other folders marked with USER 1, USER 2, and USER 3. I guess I'll use this for homebrew only.

Last edited by Deleted member 412537,

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +1
    Veho @ Veho: @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip. +1