Xkit's {RCM Clip} dongle + jig is $10!

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
whatever happened to dragon injector, it is the superior design and open source
i guess Mr. Chang has not caught wind of it yet

why are the Chinese so terrible at figuring out what we want to buy and at giving us non chingrish descriptions of their products?

i mean i know there are lots of people (westerners) who procure buying agents and go to places like Shenzen to commission things to sell

this would be an obvious money maker , so would cheap zigbee RGBW strip controllers and bulbs
but i haven't been able to find those either ,and still no cheap nano leaf clones yet either
why are they sleeping on this?

oh yeah and i can't find any dirt cheap chinese labo kits either ,i mean like one for the guitar but why are there not cheap kits that come with everything but the game cart for all the labo stuff

Last edited by weatMod,

Sonansune

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
it has battery, better than xkit's crap caps. but it also known as a faulty design... some claim that the chip is not designed to take charges from micro usb.

upload_2018-10-12_9-30-37.png

yeahOmgWtf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Haiti
Can someone explain to me....? Charging? Is there no battery in this thing? I thought i had to charge it like once every 6 months, since i use it for like 10 seconds every time my switch either goes to 0% or has to be rebooted.

But it seems like the sucky xkit dongle looses its charge in like 24 hrs?
Its really annoying.

Is this because of the mention of capacitors? It doesnt even have a battery?

What ”operating” time between ”charges” should I expect?

Last edited by yeahOmgWtf,

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone explain to me....? Charging? Is there no battery in this thing? I thought i had to charge it like once every 6 months, since i use it for like 10 seconds every time my switch either goes to 0% or has to be rebooted.

Its really annoying.

Is this because of the mention of capacitors? It doesnt even have a battery?

What ”operating” time between ”charges” should I expect?
Between charges literally expect less than 5 minutes, even if you don't use it in those five minutes. It's that bad

bundat

¿
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Its really annoying.
Yeah, it's literally all that we've been talking about in the previous page of this thread:

- Caps don't seem to stay charged all that long

the caps only last mins not even hour....

But the caps inside literally die just minutes after being fully charged, even without being used. Meaning you'll need to charge it before using it. At that point just use your phone. Definitely pass on this one, get one that can actually hold a charge for longer than 3 minutes

the caps don't sound completely wonderful anymore.

Is this true about needing to charge before every use?
yes. this dongle sucks. the caps holds up mins only, not even close to sx dongle....
Regret buying it.

Is this true about needing to charge before every use?
Yes. Spend the little bit extra to get one with somewhat decent caps

I expected better from XKit since they had a GREAT rcm jig.
But they have the WORST "dongle".
(well... 2nd worst, I think the worst one is the light blue one that's stuck on Hekate 3.2 with no other options).

GaaraPrime

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Thanx a lot for the info guys. Won't order the black one. Apparently, the only decent one left is the white Atmosphere one.

JonJaded

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Big yikes. Bought this one.

Wish I knew about the capacitors thing. would've opted for something for a battery.

On top of that, I contacted my seller's support and they messaged me this:

Dear buyer,

Thank you so much for purchasing from us.

We sincerely apology for the matter lead to you. We are sorry to let you know that the item before was returned back to us due to with electricity.And we reshiped with the new tracking number#****** .You could track the status on below link:

https://t.17track.net/**********

The parcel is on the way to USA.Could you please kindly wait another week more?We could offer you $3 refund as delay shipping compensation when you get the item.Is it ok?

If any questions please feel free to contact us. We will be glad to serve for you.Thanks.

Have a nice day
Best Regards,
Customer Supports
Work days:Mon-Fri 9am-6pm

I initially paid $6.25 for the dongle, because of a 5 dollar discount.

Not sure if I should cancel the order or take this 3 dollar refund, and essentially get a dongle for 3 dollars. (and wait another week.)

Also the fact that I needed to contact them to get this info is annoying.

Last edited by JonJaded,

elsita

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Well it works.
But the caps inside literally die just minutes after being fully charged, even without being used. Meaning you'll need to charge it before using it. At that point just use your phone. Definitely pass on this one, get one that can actually hold a charge for longer than 3 minutes

OMG, you seem to not understand the way this dongle works, it is so easy, first with your switch turned on, no matter how, you connect the dongle until white light turns on, it is a matter of seconds, now you turn off your switch and put the jig, with both the dongle and jig connected, you press vol+ and power, and there you are, instantly entering your chosen payload

to choose the payload you do it in the firste step, after charching the dongle, pressing a couple of seconds the switch it will turn to the next avalaible one, you can have up to 6 payloads in 6 different directories, they are ordered in alphabetical order, and there are up to 6 different colors for any of them, the payload has to be named payload.bin, any different name you put in any directory will act as no payload present, if you have only your one favorite payload rename or delete the rest, and that will be the one always injected, the code color order for the first one is blue, these are the 6 colors and order of work avalaibles

blue, green, red, yellow, violet and cyan, the color for charged dongle is white

that is all, super easy, super functional, super cheap, and lovely design

you charge the payloads throug de micro usb conector and cable provided, it appears in your pc as en external usb drive than you can write on, modify names etc.

hope this helps, this a really great dongle, super easy to use and very versatile

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Between charges literally expect less than 5 minutes, even if you don't use it in those five minutes. It's that bad

you don't need to charge it but a few seconds directly from your switch when you use it, it is super easy, micro usb cable is not for charging only to modify or adding payloads

read my previous post explaining how this works, it is great and super easy

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OMG, you seem to not understand the way this dongle works, it is so easy, first with your switch turned on, no matter how, you connect the dongle until white light turns on, it is a matter of seconds, now you turn off your switch and put the jig, with both the dongle and jig connected, you press vol+ and power, and there you are, instantly entering your chosen payload

to choose the payload you do it in the firste step, after charching the dongle, pressing a couple of seconds the switch it will turn to the next avalaible one, you can have up to 6 payloads in 6 different directories, they are ordered in alphabetical order, and there are up to 6 different colors for any of them, the payload has to be named payload.bin, any different name you put in any directory will act as no payload present, if you have only your one favorite payload rename or delete the rest, and that will be the one always injected, the code color order for the first one is blue, these are the 6 colors and order of work avalaibles

blue, green, red, yellow, violet and cyan, the color for charged dongle is white

that is all, super easy, super functional, super cheap, and lovely design

you charge the payloads throug de micro usb conector and cable provided, it appears in your pc as en external usb drive than you can write on, modify names etc.

hope this helps, this a really great dongle, super easy to use and very versatile
Yeah you ignored my reply to that comment saying you could charge it with the switch when it's on. But you shouldn't have to charge it after a mere 5 minutes of inactivity. Other dongles last far longer than that (multiple days of inactivity) and multiple uses. So no this dongle is still bad in that regard.
On top of that if you have autorcm you can't just boot the switch to charge the dongle
And I know how to use the dongle and switch payloads, it works when it is charged it just doesnt hold a charge for longer than 5 minutes

Last edited by TheCyberQuake,

bananapi761

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Picked up this injector, and it works very well. Charges quickly and is easy to set up and change payloads. Each payload is indicated by a different coloured LED, so it's just a matter of remembering which colours correspond with each payload. One strange issue I had was that it was screwed together too tightly when I got it and caused the button to get stuck, but I just had to loosen the screws.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Picked up this injector, and it works very well. Charges quickly and is easy to set up and change payloads. Each payload is indicated by a different coloured LED, so it's just a matter of remembering which colours correspond with each payload. One strange issue I had was that it was screwed together too tightly when I got it and caused the button to get stuck, but I just had to loosen the screws.
It charges quick but dies after only 5 or so minutes, even without being used

Sonansune

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
most ppl probably had autorcm setup on their switch.... this dongle is bad in this case tbh.
i need charge it every time before i use it...
if the seller on ali agree to return, i would not hesitate to do so.

bananapi761

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It charges quick but dies after only 5 or so minutes, even without being used
True, but this is expected from a device powered by capacitors, fairly small ones at that. Personally if it dies after already booting into RCM I would just charge it with another device such as my phone. Still, it's more convenient than using a mobile app and OTG cable.

tataniko

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Antarctica
For me, Xkit is favorable after Dragon Injector
- no battery, no problem - but 10s charge before use -
- no painful serial flash or uf2 file - but payload bin on USB flash drive -
- 6 payloads with color led lights - button for swapping payload -
- low price (below $10) -

Last edited by tataniko,

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
True, but this is expected from a device powered by capacitors, fairly small ones at that. Personally if it dies after already booting into RCM I would just charge it with another device such as my phone. Still, it's more convenient than using a mobile app and OTG cable.

SX pro also uses capacitors and it lasts much longer than 5 minutes.
Unless you have a newer phone with USB C (which mine doesn't), you would need an otg cable anyway to charge via your phone and at that point you can just send the payload with your phone.

Sonansune

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
SX pro also uses capacitors and it lasts much longer than 5 minutes.
Unless you have a newer phone with USB C (which mine doesn't), you would need an otg cable anyway to charge via your phone and at that point you can just send the payload with your phone.
iirc, sx used 2 bigass caps. this one.... about 1cm in length and 3mm in diameter

JonJaded

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
most ppl probably had autorcm setup on their switch.... this dongle is bad in this case tbh.
i need charge it every time before i use it...
if the seller on ali agree to return, i would not hesitate to do so.

Me. But doesn't the switch charge slowly in rcm mode?

Is that same property reciprocated for charging, or is that wishful thinking?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16