Hacking Xkit's NEW {RCMloader} dongle and jig !

DayVeeBoi

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i tried all ports, nothing changed. i have another question.
man, you are awesom, thank you very much :) i opened albums with holding L and R button, i didn't know that :)

i can see contents but RCM dongle problem still exists. In the long rung, for future updates i will have to update dongle so i should find a way to get it recognized as a USB storage somehow.

i connected to computer with micro-USB as you said, it is charging and blinking white but doesn't show up as a storage or USB.

i tried it with Windows 10 and Mac Catalina. Do you think it is related dongle or windows 10 ? Do you have any idea?
do i have update dongle for installing? doesn't default payload in the dongle work for me?
What version of dongle do you have? there's more than one. I have the two older ones but I don't have the more recent dongle. I don't think it has anything to do with windows 10 I use mine with windows 10 and it works fine.

One of the dongles is based on Arduino m0 and the other one is a different kind of chip. If you have the M0 based one you might have to reflash it or something, when I first got mine it would not work as storage device either.

Can you link to a photo of the dongle you have?

Reactions: NikitaSW

GuyInDogSuit

Your friendly neighborhood guy in a dog suit.
Trophies
Website
www.sniffglueworshipsatan.com
XP
Country
United States
I just received mine today and it works fine. I have some questions, though.

Where do you get the payloads from? I'm guessing you can just rename the original files to "payload.bin" for the most part, but does this work for all of them? SX OS is like 16 MB iirc, and this only holds 2MB. My guess is that this is actually the SX Gear loader. Would I be right in that assumption?

Currently I have the updated CTCaer mod of Hekate on here, which I use to then load Atmosphère. I released I can edit the "loader.txt" folder to set the default payload, which I set to Hekate. Can I boot directly into Atmosphère with this? How would I do that, rename "fusee-primary.bin" to "payload.bin" and place it in a USER folder, then edit the text file as such?

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
SX OS is like 16 MB iirc
Ehm no? SX OS payload has the same size like the others.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Currently I have the updated CTCaer mod of Hekate on here, which I use to then load Atmosphère. I released I can edit the "loader.txt"
That's the reason why you hold the button. It changes the loader.txt automatically when you change the payload.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden

Where do you get the payloads from? I'm guessing you can just rename the original files to "payload.bin" for the most part, but does this work for all of them? SX OS is like 16 MB iirc, and this only holds 2MB. My guess is that this is actually the SX Gear loader. Would I be right in that assumption?
You don't want the SXOS full file on your rcm dongle. You only want their "payload" since it will ask for the boot.dol file on the SD Card.

Scried

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
my pc and mac doesn't recognize RCM Loader as USB. It is charging but no flash drive. I can change colors and tried resetting with pinhole but nothing changed.

i can boot my switch with default rcm dongle and jingle without uploading payload. when i look at system settings, it says Current System Version : 9.0.1 | AMS 0.9.4|S

but when i click albums, it only shows screenshots, no firmware related to atmosphere.

do you guys any idea? can you help?
Do you use the Micro USB cable that came with the dongle? I've tried using other cables I had lying around but those would only charge the dongle and I couldn't acces the payload folders with it.

pyrotechnicmonkey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The seller page states that this is Bluetooth enhanced, but how does that work?
it doesn't have bluetooth sellers just put that in the name so there listing don't get removed on ebay and aliexpress.

Where do you get the payloads from?
If you use hekate you can either rename fusee to payload.bin to load directly into atmosphere or you can rename the hekate payload to payload.bin so you can load into hekate and then from there into atmosphere. Both work.

Do you use the Micro USB cable that came with the dongle? I've tried using other cables I had lying around but those would only charge the dongle and I couldn't acces the payload folders with it.
if you can't access the folders try plugging into a different usb port on your computer.

Do you use the Micro USB cable that came with the dongle? I've tried using other cables I had lying around but those would only charge the dongle and I couldn't access the payload folders with it.
if you want to open hombrew menu in atmosphere try holding the r button while you open any other game on your switch, this will open up homebrew menu. You can add homebrew by downloading it from the shop inside the menu for by adding .nro files to the switch folder on your sd card.

manchesterraver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just instal a mod chip and have it done with. I had one of these and the battery was pants, convenience in the long run just makes more sense

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: