Xkit's NEW {RCMloader} dongle and jig !

Discussion in 'Switch - Backup Loaders & Modchips' started by digixman, Dec 6, 2018.

1. BaamAlex

BaamAlex (*(vu64 *)0x1FF81100)

Jul 23, 2018
    Germany
    Try another port or another cable.

2. mikhail_tal

mikhail_tal Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 18, 2019
    United States
    i tried all ports, nothing changed. i have another question.

do i have update dongle for installing? doesn't default payload in the dongle work for me?

3. BaamAlex

Jul 23, 2018
    Germany
    You can try to download the firmware from their website.

4. DayVeeBoi

DayVeeBoi GBAtemp Advanced Fan

GBAtemp Patron
    DayVeeBoi is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Aug 17, 2015
    Canada
    Canada
    What version of dongle do you have? there's more than one. I have the two older ones but I don't have the more recent dongle. I don't think it has anything to do with windows 10 I use mine with windows 10 and it works fine.

One of the dongles is based on Arduino m0 and the other one is a different kind of chip. If you have the M0 based one you might have to reflash it or something, when I first got mine it would not work as storage device either.

Can you link to a photo of the dongle you have?

NikitaSW likes this.
  5. GuyInDogSuit

GuyInDogSuit Your friendly neighborhood guy in a dog suit.

Aug 1, 2008
    United States
    Antelope, CA
    I just received mine today and it works fine. I have some questions, though.

Where do you get the payloads from? I'm guessing you can just rename the original files to "payload.bin" for the most part, but does this work for all of them? SX OS is like 16 MB iirc, and this only holds 2MB. My guess is that this is actually the SX Gear loader. Would I be right in that assumption?

Currently I have the updated CTCaer mod of Hekate on here, which I use to then load Atmosphère. I released I can edit the "loader.txt" folder to set the default payload, which I set to Hekate. Can I boot directly into Atmosphère with this? How would I do that, rename "fusee-primary.bin" to "payload.bin" and place it in a USER folder, then edit the text file as such?

6. BaamAlex

Jul 23, 2018
    Germany
    Ehm no? SX OS payload has the same size like the others.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

That's the reason why you hold the button. It changes the loader.txt automatically when you change the payload.

7. linuxares

linuxares I'm not a generous god!

Aug 5, 2007
    Sweden
    You don't want the SXOS full file on your rcm dongle. You only want their "payload" since it will ask for the boot.dol file on the SD Card.

DayVeeBoi and GuyInDogSuit like this.
  8. Scried

Scried Member

Newcomer
    May 3, 2017
    Netherlands
    Do you use the Micro USB cable that came with the dongle? I've tried using other cables I had lying around but those would only charge the dongle and I couldn't acces the payload folders with it.

9. BaamAlex

Jul 23, 2018
    Germany
    Yes. Worked fine for me

10. GuyInDogSuit

GuyInDogSuit Your friendly neighborhood guy in a dog suit.

Aug 1, 2008
    United States
    Antelope, CA
    The seller page states that this is Bluetooth enhanced, but how does that work?

11. pyrotechnicmonkey

pyrotechnicmonkey Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 31, 2018
    United States
    it doesn't have bluetooth sellers just put that in the name so there listing don't get removed on ebay and aliexpress.

if you can't access the folders try plugging into a different usb port on your computer.

if you want to open hombrew menu in atmosphere try holding the r button while you open any other game on your switch, this will open up homebrew menu. You can add homebrew by downloading it from the shop inside the menu for by adding .nro files to the switch folder on your sd card.

12. KnightRiderX420

KnightRiderX420 GBAtemp Regular

GBAtemp Patron
    KnightRiderX420 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Nov 24, 2018
    United States
    i own 1 of these and posted a review from my perspective on here quite a while ago.... my xkit rcm loader still works great.... no issues also they do upgrade the firmware of the device.
    I

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted