Hacking Xkeys and NAS

K3Nv2

Village Idiot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering if anyone here knew if you could use a NAS or something that would allow me to set up and transfer games via ftp or through wifi so I wont have to keep moving my external all the time to connect it to my pc. I'd also like to be able to partition it so I can have 1tb for movies and such and another 1tb for my games.

I was looking at something like this http://www.amazon.com/Cloud-4TB-Per..._3?ie=UTF8&qid=1394118573&sr=8-3&keywords=NAS

I figured it may or may not work or if anyone has some suggestions would be appreciated. Do all externals that offer cloud back ups have rj45 ports on them?

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll talk from experience on one half of the issue since I have a 2TB model of one of those sitting on my desk right now. Those run an ARM distro of Debian, which you can SSH into and do all kinds of stuff with. Assuming you have a JTAG/rJTAG/RGH mod on your 360, if FSD supports loading from a Samba/SMB network share then you can set that up on this drive.

K3Nv2

Village Idiot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll talk from experience on one half of the issue since I have a 2TB model of one of those sitting on my desk right now. Those run an ARM distro of Debian, which you can SSH into and do all kinds of stuff with. Assuming you have a JTAG/rJTAG/RGH mod on your 360, if FSD supports loading from a Samba/SMB network share then you can set that up on this drive.

Xkeys does not require any of that to run it just needs the keys from your flashed dvd drive.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that looks like it should work, i think the network part just means you can access it for read/write over the ethernet cable. just don't use both together of course and you should be all set.

not from experience here just what i think about it :)

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Yep.
As long as you don't go over 2048 GB.
Best is to make a 2000 GB partition for the 360.
Format it to EXT4 if you need to (Xkey loads quicker on EXT4 when having a load of games on it)

K3Nv2

Village Idiot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds good, still wondering about the externals with could storage if I could ftp to them or not or if its just NAS that have ethernet ports

K3Nv2

Village Idiot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guessing it wouldn't be possible to add or replace software, also I should be good if it's usb3 or not right

K3Nv2

Village Idiot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't own any usb 3 devices other than the ports in my laptop/pc well ps4 now :P from what I know all I'd have to do is plug a usb2 cord in it

K3Nv2

Village Idiot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah well not that big of deal, dont think I'd notice if it'll be on my xkeys, I'm guessing I could plug a ethernet cord in my port switch and rout a cord to my external plug it into the rj45 port and have access to it on my laptop or pc.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm at work so my ability to go into depth is limited, but yes, the Ethernet port is used to connect it to a router or switch and then you access the files via the web, ftp/sftp, or their client software. The USB port on it is to mount additional storage on the drive, though, not to output data to the xk3y or another host device. If the xk3y can access files from a samba share this will work. If its USB only it will not.

The WD mycloud is essentially an ultra low end Debian box with a giant hard drive.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, I'm good. Thanks.