Hacking Xkey won’t pick up my hdd

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
afaik, the drive key is in the kv, which is encrypted. you can get the kv with an rgh/jtag, then decrypt it. I'm thinking it's in there anyway along with cpu key, but I don't know for sure. I decrypted mine, but haven't looked for keys. I'm pretty sure drive make/model is in there too, which is why it must be spoofed if you use a different one. don't take this is as gospel, because I'm not 100$ certain about that. however, drive key does not change. you can't change it afaik.

edit: my kv file decrypted and encrypted:

upload_2020-7-31_14-10-54.png

Last edited by godreborn,

SAXJONZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are several reasons why. It’s possible your ribbon may not be making a good connection. If you ejected and let sit for over twenty minutes and came back to nothing still. It may take a few different drives to work. I think you probably have the right key set up, if not you’d get red-ringed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you get rrod with wrong drive key? I thought the drive would show mixed media disc or maybe that's not if using the xkey. I think the drive will still work, just won't play content.

SAXJONZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dunno. If the drive key were wrong you wouldn’t be able to play discs. If you can play discs, chances are it’s right (not 100 percent sure). You don’t have anything to prove the drive? It’s been a few years and I’ve had so much happen in my life since that I vaguely remember. Why not go to Costco (because of the return policy) get one of their plug in drives, I read the one’s that are powered by USB won’t work, and load up a few disc images in your games folder and see if it works. Like I said I tried 4. It’s finicky? Doesn’t make sense why one would work over another. If your drive lights up when it’s plugged in and game in then eject and walk away. It may take quite awhile. Took me 45 minutes the first time. After that it boots right up. Wish I could help you more. I can sit down and face time you or something. I feel like it’s the drive you’re trying to use, I could be totally wrong.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not sure. with no drive, the power button blinks green constantly. there are ways to solder it out or use a patch in xebuild/jrunner.

360sly

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Reading the Team x tutorials I don’t think the drive key changed either! However the company I bought my xkey from is insisting that it is required to update to the newest dashboard and then extract the drive key again.. they said they’ve done thousands and this is my problem..

I posted an ad in my area and someone said:

I can get you the DVD key by just dumping your nand, flashing xell + dumping keys, and reflashing your nand back to the console.

Is this safe for xbl?

Last edited by 360sly,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if it's flashed back to retail, afaik, it's safe. however, installing xell shouldn't be needed unless there's a drive I'm unaware of that needs near rgh to dump the keys for. the keys are the hardest part, getting them that is. you have the drive key, so I don't know what's the problem unless it's wrong.

SAXJONZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I assume that you do not have the tools to flash drive with?

360sly

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No I need the x360 USB pro to connect to my laptop. Plus I can’t get jungle flasher to work either.

360sly

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I dunno. If the drive key were wrong you wouldn’t be able to play discs. If you can play discs, chances are it’s right (not 100 percent sure). You don’t have anything to prove the drive? It’s been a few years and I’ve had so much happen in my life since that I vaguely remember. Why not go to Costco (because of the return policy) get one of their plug in drives, I read the one’s that are powered by USB won’t work, and load up a few disc images in your games folder and see if it works. Like I said I tried 4. It’s finicky? Doesn’t make sense why one would work over another. If your drive lights up when it’s plugged in and game in then eject and walk away. It may take quite awhile. Took me 45 minutes the first time. After that it boots right up. Wish I could help you more. I can sit down and face time you or something. I feel like it’s the drive you’re trying to use, I could be totally wrong.

The first time it took 45 minutes to load, was it stuck on reading or was it stuck on close tray?

Before the whole thing would cycle now when I eject the drive it just says “close tray” and I need to hit a again to close the tray.

SAXJONZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There’s a patch. Google it. It’s easy to find. Got my 64bit to work with my JF, XBC. It’s a small process. If you’re still stuck, when I finish this class, I can FaceTime with you. I think you’re missing something simple.

360sly

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There’s a patch. Google it. It’s easy to find. Got my 64bit to work with my JF, XBC. It’s a small process. If you’re still stuck, when I finish this class, I can FaceTime with you. I think you’re missing something simple.

I got fed up and I shipped the console out to modchipcentral.. they are who I bought the xkey from. They are the ones telling me it's not working because I need to extract the drive key again since the 0251 fw...

I would have rather spent the $100 getting the x360 usb pro but seing as I couldnt get jungle flasher to work (port64 was running fine but was getting some odd errors unfortunately)..

Anyways that's a kind offer. Thank you for offering your assistance.

Reactions: SAXJONZ

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    A @ Aglae Pheryl: Is anyone familiar with former forum opg.life ? I missed the transition to the new forum over...