DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
No is not, your keys wont change.

This and no, we can't send you firmware files.
They're copyrighted by MS.

I believe you can use the Xkey without a drive but I'm not 100% certain on that anymore.
I wouldn't spoof drives, it's an old and outdated method.

magico29

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, try a powered USB hub and flash back to stock firmware on my drive. And apparently I don’t need to worry about spoofing dvd drive key drive key to 13599 as that was mentioned for no reason apparently. Just the the stock lite on post_13141

Final question to help me troubleshoot. If my flashed dvd drive isn’t installed in the console and I just use the xkey, does it matter that my stock drive is flashed with lt 3.0? Maybe when flashing the DVD drive it updates something onto the motherboard?

Thanks for the help this far, if I manage to revert the drive to stock I’ll let you guys know if it worked or not.

Sly
Your dvd drive doesnt need to be installed in order to x360key work, as soon as you get x360key programmed.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

This and no, we can't send you firmware files.
They're copyrighted by MS.

I believe you can use the Xkey without a drive but I'm not 100% certain on that anymore.
I wouldn't spoof drives, it's an old and outdated method.
yes he can., since the x360key ir programmed, he just need the dvd drive installed if he wants to play iso from dvd insted of iso on external hdd.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Your dvd drive doesnt need to be installed in order to x360key work, as soon as you get x360key programmed.

yes he can., since the x360key ir programmed, he just need the dvd drive installed if he wants to play iso from dvd insted of iso on external hdd.

Passthrough mode you mean.

magico29

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I meant wether the drive has lt or not if it’s not even in the console.
Yes it is, you dvd drive pcb holds the firmware. keep on mind x360key depends from your xbox360. After x360key been configured
you are free to either keep the dvd drive running or no.

Last edited by magico29,

360sly

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys, I’m getting ready to flash my drive back to stock, however I’ve hit another problem.

The external hdd that i had my extracted key has crashed. I’m only left with the firmware.bin that I had from putting on the Sd card.

Is it possible to create a dummy.bin from the firmware.bin? I also have a dummy.bin that is 2,048 KB.

Once that is done and I connect my drive to JungleFlasher, is their a way to verify that these keys match?

I would extract the key again but I don’t have the cables anymore that connect the probe to my blaster ck3.

Last edited by 360sly,

lisreal2401

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is too complicated

All you want to do is get the DVD key, use that and spoof to target - that being stock, you can leave your drive flashed.

The only file you want on the card is firmware.bin - that will be your file you get from JF. You'll still get Menuiso even with a key mismatch, so don't bother flashing or dumping

Last edited by lisreal2401,

SAXJONZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don’t need anything special to get into your drive. You can do it without the probe. There are videos of this on YouTube, it involves pulling two wires from harness and when you are done you can put them back in place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SAXJONZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Get a good drive that plugs in. Go to Costco and buy their 8TB like I mentioned or borrow someone’s but it has to be a plug in as the USB port doesn’t put out enough juice to power it right (from what I’ve heard and read) load up an iso or two, eject it and walk away. Come back in 20 minutes or so to see if it says mixed media. If it does you’re good to go, if not...
The other issue you may have ( I had it with mine) is that the cables are sensitive. I am assuming you plugged it in correctly as well. Make sure those are making a good connection. If it isn’t in correctly then it won’t load up.
I’m thinking if your key wasn’t right, it probably wouldn’t boot up. I had to try a few different drives before it worked.

360sly

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, I got a Seagate back up plus 4TB external harddrive. When I plug it in my pc and it makes a connection their is a blue light on the front of it. When I plug the external hard drive into the xbox when it is off, the blue light on the front lights up like it's making a connection. When I power on the xbox the light turns off. I've also tried turning on the xbox then plugging the external hard drive in.

Reading over the xkey instructions again, it says that I need a full drive dump. Looking at my dummy.bin on jungle flasher it says it's a dvdkey32 extract. Is that fine?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if you can use a 4TB drive. I'm not all that familiar with the xkey, but mbr could be a problem. mbr has a size limit of 2TBs, which is why the ps3 and 360 can't read beyond that.

360sly

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
then it must not be in mbr. mbr can only do up to 2TBs.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Master_boot_record

I converted it to mbr and it now has one 2TB partition and the rest of the drive is unallocated space now. Still no dice. I noticed the same thing. When I first power on the console the light on the external hard drive lights up for a couple seconds but then goes out and never lights up again. Once the xbox was on the main menu I unplugged the usb from the back then plugged it back in. It still does not read it.

UPDATE: I am getting a bit closer! I pulled the xkey usb dongle out a bit and now the light on the front of the external hard drive stays lit! I open the tray and it now auto cycles: opening, close tray, closing reading.

However it still does not read my drive!! It just goes back to open tray. I have a usb stick and I updated the xkey firmware to 2.01.4 with it. I saw the red light flashing on it for 40 seconds or so.. I rebooted the console and with the same usb stick with an iso on it and .cfg file it does not read the usb stick.

Last edited by 360sly,

SAXJONZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
then it must not be in mbr. mbr can only do up to 2TBs.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Master_boot_record

Yeah, I dunno. I had a little over 2TB of games but probably just a little less than 2TB in game folder. It works. It may not read more than 2TB but I have other stuff on it that I saved from laptop.

Thanks for sharing that piece of information. I didn’t know that. Xbox updated and stated that each usb can handle 2TB up to 4TB total.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by SAXJONZ,
Reactions: godreborn

360sly

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My drive key is a lite on 16d2s 73850c dvdkey32 extract.

Would updating to the newest dash and to the 0251 firmware have changed my drive key? Could this by why it’s not reading my external hard drives?

weird that xkey would still update over a USB though right?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.