Hacking xk3y, xbox slim turning itself off

LoggerMan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I have successfully ripped my DVD key and set up the xk3y and it has been working wonderfully, it is an amazing piece of hardware even though it is quite expensive. But twice now I've had my xbox turn itself off, both times while not doing anything "just resting the controller down while I eat food or something). One time was while in the middle of a game and the other I can't remember what I was doing at the time. I have the MW3 edition slim 360.

I'm not sure what I should do. I'm fairly sure it is genuine, because the site I got it from has a fairly large presence in my country and they charge a little bit more for everything. I connected it using the long flex cable and am fairly sure I didn't pinch it. I did not update the xk3y because it seemed to be working fine and the updates beyond 1.1 didn't seem to do anything major in the release notes.

Is the xk3y incompatible with certain xboxes?

I know it sounds daft, but is it also possible that MS is turning it off? I haven't been patching the games with abgx, I wasn't sure how to or if I needed to with xk3y or not.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Does it shut off randomly?
Cause I got 2 mates where I installed Xkeys that have the same problem.
It occasionally just reboots the 360 for them.

I blamed it on the hardware itself that is just a minor glitch.

LoggerMan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
It doesn't reboot (which Google tells me is more common), it suddenly turns off, and then I hear the hard drive make that spin noise that they do when they spin up or down.

Hmm, is it possible that the issue is that the hard drive is spinning down due to inactivity?

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
That doesn't mean I got one meself ;p

The Xkey is far superior to other ODDE's mainly cause it's being constantly updated.
I got no need for it (RGH + flashed box)

Now that I think of it..
I think there was an option in the Xkey.cfg where you can set a HDDalive (or something similar) tag.
Maybe modifying that solves the problem of the HDD shutting down?

LoggerMan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I saw some pictures of RGH and it looks like frankenstein project :S

I'll learn more about xkey.cfg. There may be some values I need to change for the slim in any case. Thanks for the tip, I just wanted to make sure that I didn't break the xkey or the xbox ;D

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dunno I mean if you're looking for a simple easy to use one then the X360Dock is good as well. You can mix match the firmware from the X360Key with it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.