Hardware XK3Y troubleshooting

Status
Not open for further replies.

ETBMikenel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I have recently purchased an XKey and have run into some weird issues with it. After searching my individual symptoms online I have been receiving mixed messages as to what the problem may be. So now I have chosen to detail my symptoms in case someone might be able to share a similar experience (with their resolution). Here is the information that concerns me the most:

1. console boots into emulation mode and bypass mode with no problem. BUT:
2. Remote receives no power from the USB adapter that the white ribbon cable plugs into (it did on first boot but stayed on the Xkey Logo, original cable burnt out and was replaced)
3. Red light on the Xk3y board stays on constantly with no blue light (have not tried removing the SD card).

I have not yet tried a drive in my Xkey to see if it is reading, as i would like to resolve the issue with the remote before worrying about anything further. I can perform electronic troubleshooting to the main board of the Xkey if anyone can provide a schematic?

ETBMikenel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
It's working! I tried a friend's FFC cable, and the issue is resolved! Thank you very much for pointing me in the right direction

ETBMikenel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
It makes sense now why my supplier provided two cables, most likely just in case. Its such a pity that one burnt out and the other was faulty, luckily i can exchange the faulty cable under guarantee.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
There's a small one for if you want to use the USB port at the back (on phatties) and a long one for if you want to use one of the front USBs (phat and Slim)

You're just unlucky with a faulty cable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I cant tell what my favorite N64 game is