Xpresive

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Hey,
I'm interested into flashing or hacking my xbox360 slim early 2011 release liteon. There was RGH and flashing, but rgh doenst have live and flashing dvd makes you to buy special drive to burn into pricey disks and sometimes it fails, so it's not rly worth. Then i saw xk3y and got interested, so few questions.

1) What is versions of hardware and what is key difference between them?
2) Xbox live ban ? does this occur? (i saw that if you use explorer thru dashboard you might get ban, but since x360 is old and microsoft is full way towards xone , maybe they dont do any ban waves? Also there is usb donge picker, or whethever it calls, where u can choose iso, neat thing, expensive tho)
3) Does it runs game out of usb automaticly if theres one .iso, or if that .iso is extracted into usb with root ( if needed) . Just thinking out how to avoid using explorer or buying .iso picker tool as to save money also.
4) What is drawbacks with installation, updating software and etc ( installing won't be hard for me :) , also I require somekind of file out of my drive , so i think im gonna get it by just going to people who flash, they could help me with it)
5) Anyone knows where i can buy it cheaply and where i can buy the .iso picker device (also cheaply :D) with international shipping or europe union shipping (cuz im in EU) ?
Thanks for answers :)

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
1. 360 versions or Xkey?
2. Nope, if you stealth patch your games with ABGX 360 first.
3. Nope, you need to load it in with MenuISO first via the picture viewer or music player on the dash.
4. No need to update anymore, MS doesn't care much about the 360 anymore so no AP updates.
5. ISO picker is free it's software, the remote is hardware and costs ~20 quid, it isn't needed, Xkey is ~80 quid, just google a bit.

Xpresive

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
1. 360 versions or Xkey?
2. Nope, if you your games with ABGX 360 first.
3. Nope, you need to load it in with MenuISO first via the picture viewer or music player on the dash.
4. No need to update anymore, MS doesn't care much about the 360 anymore so no AP updates.
5. ISO picker is free it's software, the remote is hardware and costs ~20 quid, it isn't needed, Xkey is ~80 quid, just google a bit.

hey, can you tell me where you can still get quid remote for 20 usd, i cant find, out of stock and etc...

Xpresive

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Remote isn't needed.
MenuISO can take care of everything.
Well, i'm afraid to get a ban, i don't want ban even though i use this console very rarely, better to have remote, so it's 100x secure. But interesting, does menuiso loader detected by microsoft on slim? otherwords, can you get a ban using it these days? Console is still expensiver than the remote :D so maybe putting more money in remote is good idea, for security and xbox live playability.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If you want 100% certainty of not getting banned then you shouldn't mod your console in the first place.

MenuISO is just as safe as using the remote.
It all depends on you running your ISOs through ABGX.

Reactions: brickmii82

Xpresive

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
If you want 100% certainty of not getting banned then you shouldn't mod your console in the first place.

MenuISO is just as safe as using the remote.
It all depends on you running your ISOs through ABGX.
i have someone selling xk3y in my country for 50 euros, but its not store, so it is probably used, i don't know if it's worth buying these stuff off people, cause you don't know if it works until you do everything you need, and if it doesn't work you will be searching and trying over and over again. Ofcourse ,the price is pretty low, he says that he has 2 of them, so im really interested why he's selling so cheap, i found that you can buy off internet for 50 euros brand new, he has one brand new as i understood, still interesting.
ABGX fixes iso or checks for modding?
I'm really thinking off buying, then i could trully play xbox and have fun, if i don't like i will sell it, ez as that. also i saw some store said that remote is discountinued? so that means it's not manufactured anymore and its only whats left on internet? I wonder why there's no xbox one xk3y key, i mean, it emulates drive.

Xpresive

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
I mean, i saw the brand new board on aliexpress with china post shipping (which may took lonngggg ) 45 euros, this card is used from the man, so buying electronic i think is kinda risky, cause when you pay, you cant like get refund if it doesnt work or anything. Whats the difference between old xk3y and xk3y reloaded (XKR) ? Is it safer/software , or hardware?

TVL

#|
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Well, i'm afraid to get a ban, i don't want ban even though i use this console very rarely, better to have remote, so it's 100x secure. But interesting, does menuiso loader detected by microsoft on slim? otherwords, can you get a ban using it these days? Console is still expensiver than the remote :D so maybe putting more money in remote is good idea, for security and xbox live playability.

No, you are not getting banned. MS haven't cared about the 360 for many years now. Also that thing about menuISO being detectable, while it would be techically possible, that was just a lie the people behind the Xkey spread on their own forums, just to sell more remotes. Weird how that has lived on.

Xpresive

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
No, you are not getting banned. MS haven't cared about the 360 for many years now. Also that thing about menuISO being detectable, while it would be techically possible, that was just a lie the people behind the Xkey spread on their own forums, just to sell more remotes. Weird how that has lived on.
It could be lies, but detecting hashes is easy so it can be detectable, MS doesn't care, their now improving xbox1 :(, what will happen after xbox360 network is closed, where we will multiplayer? Kinda sad that kinect dies, they could use kinect for VR controlling, like making controll brazelet with gyroscope or controllers in hand and VR, kinect would be perfect for VR.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Does these "tweaks" makes it better? Or more bugier so it's not worth the tweaks ?

Better detection, just small things.

It could be lies, but detecting hashes is easy so it can be detectable, MS doesn't care, their now improving xbox1 :(, what will happen after xbox360 network is closed, where we will multiplayer? Kinda sad that kinect dies, they could use kinect for VR controlling, like making controll brazelet with gyroscope or controllers in hand and VR, kinect would be perfect for VR.

MS only checks for JTAG/RGH on Live and checks for AP measures in games.
Hence you need to stealth patch the games.

Kinect is a failure, MS knows it.

TVL

#|
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden

They later admitted that it was a lie to sell more remotes though, while technically being possible MS wasn't doing it (like the xKey-poster claimed to have insider information about). I don't remember why they admitted to it though, if it had unintended consequences on sales or they stopped manufacturing the remote or something. They totally got me, I used the remote and DVD Menu all the time after those posts.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
They later admitted that it was a lie to sell more remotes though, while technically being possible MS wasn't doing it (like the xKey-poster claimed to have insider information about). I don't remember why they admitted to it though, if it had unintended consequences on sales or they stopped manufacturing the remote or something. They totally got me, I used the remote and DVD Menu all the time after those posts.

DVD Menu is almost the same as MenuISO.
It's both a "software exploit" ;p
But yes, they only said it to boost sales of their remote which they bundled together with Xkeys before.

TVL

#|
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
DVD Menu is almost the same as MenuISO.
It's both a "software exploit" ;p
But yes, they only said it to boost sales of their remote which they bundled together with Xkeys before.

Yeah, I might be missremembering too. I know I did create a few DVD Menus, but it was such a hassle while I was still building my library of "backups" so I probably stopped using it even before reading the post I was mentioning; Always thinking I would create one when I was done adding ew games... now it's collecting dust on a shelf but been thinking of hooking it up again, might be time for that DVD Menu finally. :lol:

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Such a shame.
I'd just pick MenuISO.
Easier and besides, you only spend like 10 seconds picking a game.
Why go through the trouble of having covers which will slow down a large library anyway?

chr0m

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I haven't used my 360 with xkey in years. I was going to pull it out of the cupboard to load Rock Band 3 so I can import the songs into Rock Band 4 on Xbox One.

I can barely remember how to use it, are there any up to date guides anywhere?

Mainly want to know if there's a newer fw than what I have on my xkey. What's the latest version number?

Last edited by chr0m,
Reactions: chrisa1978

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: