Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Posted on the Xk3y forums, posting here as well in case anyone knows. DinohScene and Devin especially, any ideas?

Fat
Revision: Xenon
OFW
Latest dash
Drive: Hitachi 46
R7-2 Xk3y
Supplier: modchipcentral
F/W 2.01-4 (unless it didn't update?)
Seagate USB 3.0 Expansion drive, 1TB NTFS, externally powered, stock USB cable
I do not own an Xk3y remote or Wifi dongle, loading via MenuISO

So my girlfriend just bought me an Xk3y, I got it set up pretty quickly, got my firmware.bin flashed to the Xk3y (had dumped it previously from installing LT+ on the drive). Took my original firmware dump and flashed the key to the one found in the JungleFlasher pack. Non-XGD3 games work fine (Stick of Truth, Dark Souls II, etc), however whenever I go to run an XGD3 game (have tried with GTA V and Forza 4), it (to my understanding) fails the AP25 check and crashes the console with the 4th quadrant lit on the ROL.

I've use self dumped games (via a Hitachi 59, X360USB Pro v2) and pass every check in ABGX.

I had read that XGD3 games should work just fine since Xk3y fw 1.20, so thinking I could be on a very old firmware, I updated it to the latest one, 2.01-4. Still didn't work, so I renamed my original dump of the drive to firmware.bin and flashed that to the Xk3y, which produced the same results.

I'm getting really bummed out over this because as much as I like to think I know in this neck of the woods, this really has me stumped :think: Suppose in the mean time I'll throw a single XGD3 game onto a 16GB flash drive just to see what happens, but I'm not expecting much...

Thanks in advance guys.

Edit - also, just want to clarify my method of updating without the screen... I had read you can put the update files on the root of a flash drive and boot with that in the Xk3y, leave it for about 5 minutes just to be on the safe side, power off, and you should be good to go, right?

Edit 2 - It definitely did update, I didn't realize that info could be found in the About folder on tme MenuISO disk. Downloaded the latest JungleFlasher stock firmware pack, spoofed my key to the orig46.bin, renamed to firmware.bin, flashed to Xk3y, no difference.

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've got the Xk3y and whilst this might not solve your problem, it did solve mine when I was having issues seemingly randomly failing to load games at times. Change your HD over from NTFS to EXT3 or 4 if you can. You want to be on EXT anyway in my opinion, it offers loading times closer to that of an original DVD, NTFS is quite slow compared to disc I found.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
How odd...
Well if normal XGD2 games load then you've set it up correctly.
XGD3 also should load without any problems then..

You sure you spoofed the correct Hitachi firmware file?
Seeing that only XGD3 doesn't boot, I'm thinking you got an earlier FW revision in the Xkey (which wouldn't make sense cause the 360 would refuse the old firmware... theoretically...)
And if the FW file is named incorrectly, the Xkey would just refuse to boot..

Humm, I'd say run every game through ABGX again (especially the XGD3 ones)
Set all of your settings to these settings and post a complete log of a run if you can.

If it still doesn't work then disassemble the 360, format the SD of the Xkey, insert a new Linux partition on it and dump your DVD keys again, spoof them to a stock firmware, renaming the firmware file "firmware.bin" before you save the firmware file.

Then reassemble everything.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also tried per someone's suggestion spoofing my key into a hitachi 79 ofw, which didn't work, and read that spoofing it into the liteon ofw is another option, which also didn't work. BenQ one was the last option which I haven't tried yet.

This is actually physically the newest revision of the Xk3y...

I ran every game through ABGX once it got on my hard drive, I'll log one game that isn't working (I have the settings set to your guide)

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Hmm, odd, I never heard of a drive not working on an Xkey.
Well, spoofing might help.
But your drive is a non-AP 2.5 drive?
If so then spoofing it to a AP 2.5 active drive will send challanges to the drive that it cannot respond, resulting in an AP 2.5 failure flag ;p

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: i think im a bad person