Gaming xk3y, flashed wrong firmware (ps3), error 64

donkeyhigh

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Yeah, I screwed up, bigtime.
So, I was re-flashing my Xk3y firmware for some reason, not important. And I went to the downloadsite and downloaded the newest one.
Flashed it, and got a E64 error.
Turns out that means there's something wrong with your DVD player, in my case, most likely the DVD-key.

After a while of fiddeling, I realized I've flashed the frickin' 3k3y (Ps3 key) firmware, on my Xbox Slim.
Am I totally screwed now, or should this:
http://k3yforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=521
work, even though it's probably not meant for my case of screwup..?

Please tell me it'll work, I don't wanna open my Xbox if I don't have to, but I guess I got nothing to loose anyway.
Could always complain about warranty with the guys who modded it, but then I have to send it like.. to the other side of the country..

Help please? :)

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Yep, you need to manually restore the SD image.
There's no other way unfortunately.

You could try to boot it and updating it with the latest Xkey firmware... but I dun think that'll help anymore.

Reactions: donkeyhigh

donkeyhigh

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Ok, so on my SD card there were these files:
1175.txt
cpu.txt
dvd.txt
fcrt_enc.bin

I used the program in the tutorial, but I can't for the life of me find a dummy.bin anywhere..
Where do I get that?

edit:
Oh Jesus.. Just figured out what it is.. Hope to God they saved it in their system (the shop that did my mod, they said something about that.).
Weird that they didn't send me a disc with all the .bin files and cpu/dvd keys. Or at least a mail..

donkeyhigh

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hah, copied them all over to the sd, and the xbox booted :-)
Now I just gotta figure out how to make the xk3y remote work.. It's stuck at the bootscreen. It just xkey says 1.1, and I can't get to the menu.
Even tried changing the micro usb cable.. No go..

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Nope, for those drives, the only files you need, you already have.

Edit: place the update on a USB an stick it in the Xkey without the remote, wait 5 mins and turn it off ;]

Reactions: donkeyhigh

donkeyhigh

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Mkay, I'll try that after work tomorrow. Gotta sleep now, it's really late. Hope it works. Gonna try shaving down the USB cable if not. Then disconnect and reconnect the flat cable if all else fails. That's my course of action for now. :-)

donkeyhigh

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Now that I think about it. This all started because I flashed directly from a USB stick into the xk3y dongle, NOT through the remote. So the fact that it did in fact update (and screw up my xbox), means that there is nothing wrong with my dongle or connection to the xk3y. So the problem HAS to be the connection with the USB from the dongle to the remote,or the remote itself.
I'll try shaving down a USB tomorrow, and if that won't work, I'll open the remote to check that all the circuits are connected.

Oh, and update firmware.

Edit: I feel so hackerish with my xbox opened and cables everywhere. Would be awsome to make this work without having to pay someone to come do it for me :-P

Reactions: DinohScene

donkeyhigh

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Flashed it with newest firmware. Nothing.
Pried open the remote, and found that the micro usb connection to the circuit board was loose.. Gonna need to refasten it with a ironing tool or whatever it's called in English. Like, the pen-thingy that's really hot and melts metal.

donkeyhigh

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Soo.. About the MENUISO and MENUDVD. Is it a risk of getting banned with those enabled?
That's the main reason why I bought the remote and Wifi dongle. Was thinking I could maybe try it out while waiting for a new/repaired remote.

donkeyhigh

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Ok cool, learned two things in one post.
Gonna try menu iso..
Eh, also, is it possible to use a USB hub /splitter on the xk3y dongle, so I can use my wifi dongle? Or does it have to be through the remote?

Edit: nevermind, did a search, seems a USB hub will do the trick :-)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol