Xiaomi-backed 'Black Shark' Gaming Phone Revealed

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Prans, Apr 14, 2018.

1. B_E_P_I_S_M_A_N

B_E_P_I_S_M_A_N Resident Weirdo

Jun 7, 2016
    Antarctica
    Hell
    While I won't deny that 95% of the Google Play store's game catalog is shit, there are some serviceable ports and games hidden in there.

2. Boured

Boured The most perverted furry

Sep 25, 2015
    United States
    Wherever I log in at ^w^
    If it wasn't for the shipping price, this thing would be a steal in america I mean

[​IMG]

3. CMDreamer

CMDreamer GBAtemp Fan

Oct 29, 2014
    Mexico
    Myself, I don't like playing on a smartphone or tablet, because I miss the feeling of a button being smashed with my fingers.

4. Jayro

Jayro MediCat USB and Mini Windows 10 Developer

GBAtemp Patron
    Jayro is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 23, 2012
    United States
    Octo Canyon
    I'll stick with my Galaxy S9+, thanks. With the SFC30 by 8bitdo, I'm covered.

5. Jonna

Jonna Some sort of musician.

May 15, 2015
    Canada
    Canada
    This is what makes me wish Sony could make a sequel to the Xperia Play. I have a Note 8 and an NES30 Pro, but having to carry both separately, plus try to find a place to stand my phone (and also get a case that actually has a stand) is not ideal for mobility. The Play solved that with the PlayStation-like controls on a slider, it was beautiful.

Ultimately, a phone case with sliding Bluetooth controls would be the best, but there are way too many phones for that to be viable to a business as a profitable product.

B_E_P_I_S_M_A_N and LightyKD like this.
  6. TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4 GBAtemp Supreme Overlord

Dec 1, 2014
    United States
    Under a rock
    Chinese Yen, not Japanese

7. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Guru

Nov 6, 2002
    Portugal
    Proud to be Portuguese but I am in USA.
    Why? :)

8. kbmarinha

kbmarinha Life sucks...

May 21, 2009
    Brazil
    A chinese phone named black shark and they used a black guy as background in "about us".
    Not that it really mater, they sure could use any people as background, I just found it funny :P

Btw this phone looks like Matrimax Iplay

TotalInsanity4 likes this.
  9. Xen0

Xen0 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 8, 2015
    Germany
    To me it just seems overpriced without any reason, in fact other cheaper phones are superrior. People buy it to be 'cool' and nobody in my school can give me a reason why they bought one. Some come up with "it's security is way better", and these people share all their personal data on Facebook, sign in on various sites their real Email and Name etc and don't even have an anti virus on their PC.

Last edited by Xen0, Apr 15, 2018
    azoreseuropa and kbmarinha like this.
  10. WhiteMaze

WhiteMaze GBAtemp Advanced Fan

GBAtemp Patron
    WhiteMaze is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 16, 2013
    Portugal
    The sad thing is the fact that the N-Gage actually had buttons integrated.

For this you need to purchase a controller if you want to use it properly, and even then it's only half.

11. Crimson Cuttlefish

Crimson Cuttlefish GBAtemp Regular

Aug 15, 2016
    United States
    a good gaming smartphone will not be achieved until we bring back physical keyboards, change my mind

Jonna and TotalInsanity4 like this.
  12. LightyKD

LightyKD Future CEO of OUYA Inc.

Jun 25, 2008
    United States
    Angel Grove, CA
    The one advantage this phone has is that everything is saved to the internal storage and the internal storage seems beefy. That said, anything less than 128GB is not sufficient for a decent Android game collection. A big issue with Android gaming is that many games and phones fail to understand what adaptable storage means. I'm tired of games with 100mb or less APKs only pushing the APK to the SD card and leaving the damn near 2GB worth of game files on internal storage. Seriously, WTF?! Why even bother buying an SD card if app developers keep refusing to include PROPER support for adaptable storage?

Seriously, the OUYA - Fire TV2 days were the height of Android gaming. Developers cared about controller support and proper use of storage. Now they just don't give a shit and try to push out as many cash grabs as possible.

13. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Guru

Nov 6, 2002
    Portugal
    Proud to be Portuguese but I am in USA.
    Thats true. I totally agree with you. I have an IPhone and I noticed that it just overpriced for what and nonsense. I loved iPhone but sometimes I hate it because of overpriced.

14. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

Global Moderator
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    I *really* hate the new trend of calling phase change cooling "liquid cooling", and it's all Microsoft's fault. It's a heatpipe, call it a heatpipe.

15. ganons

ganons GBAtemp Addict

Jun 12, 2005
    It uses the Snapdragon 845 like some of the S9 variants. It has a very capable GPU and can play most games in Dolphin

16. Medveitsi

Medveitsi Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 1, 2016
    Finland
    i know right. why haven't any major phone company made xperia play like phone?

Jonna likes this.
  17. zeveroth

zeveroth GBAtemp Regular

Jul 16, 2009
    United States
    I know. It looks like those cheap controllers found with Walmart be headsets only even less . Quite sad really.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Aside from the surface, I haven't seen anything running windows that is worth a damn. Also here are the Rollin eyes. :rolleyes:

WhiteMaze likes this.
  18. LightyKD

LightyKD Future CEO of OUYA Inc.

Jun 25, 2008
    United States
    Angel Grove, CA

19. Lukerz

Lukerz Sloth. That's it.

Apr 24, 2017
    United States
    Maryland
    Not a bad price imh

20. Kevinpuerta

Kevinpuerta GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 6, 2016
    United States
    So ps2 and wii/gc emulators on android full speed?