Gaming XGen Updater

djricekcn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I downloaded this: http://pspslimhacks.com/xgen-updater-and-x...dcv8-converter/

I have no idea how to get this working...in fact, I kind of forgot how to make the magic memory stick, which is probably the reason why it's not working (and I'm not sure which documents to follow for the proper way). I'm being extra cautious so that I won't somehow screw up my PSP. can someone tell me how to use this / install?

thank you in advance.

leemufc

Trophies
XP
Country
you copy the psp folder to the root
rename the 5.50 fw to 550.PBP and put it on the root
make sure the psp is running 5.xx kernal
run the programme and you should then have a memory stick that will enable you to have 5.50 GEN-B2 instead of the dc8 version (m33-6)

Chris_Skylock

Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
I put the homebrew in PSP>GAME with the UPDATE folder and the EBOOT. I put the 550.pbp into the root ad started it. My PSP has returned from 5.00 M33-6 to 5.50 GEN-B (FULL) downgraded to 5.00 M33-6 and updated to 5.50 GEN-B (FULL)

Wheres the '2' part?

djricekcn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
correct me if i am wrong, but wasn't there some sort of .exe file on the pc side that needed to be runned to make the magic memory stick?

or is this one just put it in the directories and renaming the ofw to 550? sorry for a idiotic question but like I said, I'm being extra cautious and want to do it the 100% way.

djricekcn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still can't get this to work, it doesn't even pick up the updater via xmb.

just to clarify a few things

It's for a psp1000
I am using a Magic Gate Sony Branded MC
I put the eboot.pbp in the root, renamed it to 550
I put the rar content to PSP/GAME/UPDATE/ folder (the default from rar)
I can't get D8 to pick up 5.50

Satosan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I just want to know, since I'm not sure about certain things and I'm a beginner with this.

1. Do I need to have this Pandora battery to install this?
2. I just put the original firmware and the installer on my PSP and run the installer, right? I don't need to get the update for Gen seperately?
3. Is there any way to specifically know what mobo I have? The XGEN installer shows TA-088 but it doesn't show the version?

My PSP already have the 5.00 M33 firmware on and is the Final Fantasy Crisis Core Special Edition.

Chris_Skylock

Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
5.50 GEN B is downgradable (PSP 100x users are no luck without pandora) but I dont know if GEN-B2 is downgradable using the Hellcat's Recovery. Pandora is all you need to downgrade, no matter what's your firmware.

For more info, ask Skyliner969 for more details

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.