Hacking XG2 Turbo Problems

MrAPT1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently purchased an XG2 Turbo 256m flashcart from ic2005, and I am having some problems with it.

For one, the software that came with it came on a floppy disk, so I was unable to install the drivers I needed, so I started looking online and found some drivers for version 1.36, which is a later version than what was on the disk according to the instruction booklet.

Now, I got everything installed and set up, including my xg2 turbo linker, and the program detects that the GBA is there, and it gives me the screen when it's connected and all.

My problem is that no matter what I do, the XG2 program will not detect my xg2 turbo 256m cart, no matter what I do. It gives me some error that says something along the lines of no cart being detected.

I am unable to put new ROMs on it, or take any off of it. All I can do is play what is already on there. This is rather upsetting.

Is there any way I can fix this? No one else appears to have this problem.

Thanks in advance for reading.

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Are you running windows 7 or vista? A few other forums seem to suggest that the linking software only likes XP.
Easiest way to get around that would be to install virtualbox or vmware player and install XP as a virtual machine, or try on a friends PC that's still running XP if possible.

MrAPT1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you running windows 7 or vista? A few other forums seem to suggest that the linking software only likes XP.
Easiest way to get around that would be to install virtualbox or vmware player and install XP as a virtual machine, or try on a friends PC that's still running XP if possible.

I'm aware of this, actually. The computer I installed the stuff on is XP, since I read before hand that it didnt work on Vista or 7.

To be more clear, the programs and drivers are set up fine and all, and it connects my gba to the program itself and gives me the connection screen, but the program itself acts like there's no flashcart inserted into the GBA when it clearly is.

MrAPT1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I've come back to bump this thread, if it's alright.

I come bearing new information.

I've discovered that while I am still having the same problem as before with the XG2Turbo256M cart, the software for it detects the carts of all retail games just fine, and I'm even able to make dumps of them, but it will not detect the XG2Turbo256M cart, ever. I have tried everything I can think of to make this software detect the cart and it just isn't working.

Am I just doing something wrong?

I've been using it on windows XP, followed all the setup steps, tested the connection found that it connects to the GBA then went and tried to refresh and detect the XG2Turbo cart, and nothing. I'd really like to write ROMs to this cart and make use of it.

If only there was a DS Homebrew ROM that could write to this like there are for other flashcarts. It would certainly make my life easier.

enarky

owls?
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Is that a multiboot cable, does it connect to the GBAs link port? In that case, have you booted the GBA holding start+select, to set it to multiboot mode? The Nintendo logo should vanish and you should hear an additional sound playing at boot if successful.

MrAPT1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is that a multiboot cable, does it connect to the GBAs link port? In that case, have you booted the GBA holding start+select, to set it to multiboot mode? The Nintendo logo should vanish and you should hear an additional sound playing at boot if successful.

Yes, there is a multiboot cable, and I have connected it and gotten a successful boot, however after that when it looks for the XG2Turbo cart the software for the linker says something along the lines of "No Card Detect" or something despite it being in the slot.

enarky

owls?
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Sorry, my bad, managed to overread the bit about being able to dump original cartridges in your last post. No idea, then. Might just be a dead cart. :/

MrAPT1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, my bad, managed to overread the bit about being able to dump original cartridges in your last post. No idea, then. Might just be a dead cart. :/

Perhaps. The cart itself can still work and play the games that comes with it by default though (F Zero, Mario Kart, SMA4, Metroid, tekken), so I doubt the cart is defective.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Yes Mien Hair