ROM Hack Xenosaga I & 2 Translation (Not mine)

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice! His Caravan Hearts translation was aces. I just hope there is a KH:358/2 translation team ready to jump on the project as soon as the game is released, I can't wait 6-9 months for an English localization.

Raiser

I am mad scientist.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Glad to bring the news!!

@ ojsinnerz:
Do you have a PS2? If you want to play Xenosaga, there are 3 games out for it! I'm sure you know that though.
Personally, I think the third game is the best. If you can, try them out! It'll make you appreciate this DS remake a lot more.

@Leamonde.Halcyon:
You're very welcome, but no need to thank me! Just helping out fellow DSers.
yaynds.gif

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
What great news to wake up too!
Everytime people say what J game would you like the most or want translated I always say XS I&II DS but never expect anything to be done about it as theres so much text between the 2 games.
It really annoys me when one of my fav devs (Monolith) get a license like this purely to milk the JPN fan base. Sure it probably wouldn't sell AS well in USA/EUR but it would appear on best DS RPG/Games overall lists across the board encouraging sales.

I am still playing the Caravan Heart translation now and then and it is superb so I have high hopes that this will one day be finished.. just a question of how long as this is mammoth imo compared to other translation projects.
Maybe he will do I then II and release a patch each time one game is done *crosses fingers* shame no one picked it up when it was originally released as it would more than likely have a game done by now.

Noitora

::
Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece
I had started a translation of Xenosaga 1 & 2 but since there were no translators I abandoned the project. I have a translation of all items weapons and the first two tutorials in the beginning of the game.Here is the patch if anyone wants to download it. Download

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
Damn Noitora that's awesome gonna try it right now. I see you doing a lot of quick trans (tried out the Disgaea one yesterday) it's very impressive, are you not interested in joining other projects?

Noitora

::
Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece
Thug4L1f3 said:
Damn Noitora that's awesome gonna try it right now. I see you doing a lot of quick trans (tried out the Disgaea one yesterday) it's very impressive, are you not interested in joining other projects?
Nope, I don't think yet as I have to learn more things
ph34r.gif

Raiser

I am mad scientist.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys,

There is a new update as of today:
http://kaioshin.romhacking.net/?p=50

Kingcom has posted two more screenshots of Xenosaga and they look awesome! He says that the VWF now works, and that his translator is a bit busy making the translation progress slower, but no worries. There is also an update on Super Robot Wars J- check it out!

He also says that he's looking for translators for "Kyuuyaku Megami Tensei (SNES), Shin Megami Tensei (GBA) and Magical Vacation (GBA). Please spread the word and point people you know who might be interested in translating in our direction." - KaioShin

Xenosaga looks good people!!
yaynds.gif

Dhaos_Niko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
AWESOME News.

I never played the PS2 episodes because my ps2 broke, and i never wanted to buy another one. thanks to this translation, i can finally play at least the first 2 episodes of the game.

Mei-o

Generic Asian Kid™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
YAY, I can't find a copy of the first Xenosaga for my PS2 so this will be awesome!

That angle of the new screenshot reminds me of Visual Novels(particularly ero-games) and look, they have a Haruhi Ace Attorney project.

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Magical Vacation (GBA)
Yay, I really wanna play that. Hopefully it's better than Magical Starsign (the sequel for those who don't know).

Also, I never played Xenosaga, but any RPG that's translated is welcome in my book. I'll most certainly give it a try once it's more complete!

Zane

Ace Wizard
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'd love a english translation of Magical Vacation, i tried playing the Rom when it came out, but i only got so far because of the language. And i loved every second of it, and when i heard about starsign, i had my hopes up, but damn that game was nothing like the first.

Raiser

I am mad scientist.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
ivanthegreat said:
bump for the good cause =)

Haha! Well, (this goes for everyone) don't expect the english patch so soon because I THINK Kingcom said it took him about a year to finish one of his other projects. And since he identified this game as "having much more text", this might take longer. But who knows?
grog.gif

EDIT:

Noitora, I tried to patch your patch onto my Xenosaga ROM. When I did, it said "Failed! Input checksum is invalid."
I'm using a clean, untrimmed ROM and I used "Apply Patch to an Existing File". What'd I do wrong?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.