With your drill, thrust to the sky!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Has anyone here heard of it?

It got released a week or so ago and I've been playing it since. It's freaking amazing and it captures much of the essence of the original while modernizing it.

If you've loved the original X-COM Ufo Defense or the recent re-boot XCOM, go play it, you'll be in for a treat!

I've recently restarted it from scratch, as I'm playing on Veteran and I somehow ended up losing USA because of my super-crappy fund management. I had something like 4 bases, but just a single interceptor.

No UFOs shot down = countries getting really angry... and USA left me in the cold :(

So, anyone else playing it? :D

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've been following the project ever since it's been announced, and have had it sitting in my Steam library for a while now (in Early Access), but haven't really gotten around to playing it until now. And I've gotta say, it really lives up to my expectations in terms of gameplay depth and generally how it feels. I couldn't get myself into the Firaxis XCOM because of how different it was from the original, so this might just be my cup of tea.
Too bad I'm absolutely awful at the game; I can't even make it alive for 2 months on Normal. I've been doing tons of underspending, still don't have any real strategies for Battlescape (it's been ages since I've played the original X-COM), and I still haven't figured out how to properly win air battles. I have plenty of time to keep going at it this summer though :P

Marcell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I backed up this game on Kickstarter but haven't really tried it before it's release date. When it got released, I started playing it and it's quite nice. It captures the feeling of the original XCOM series very well, game mechanics and gameplay feel the same as in the 1994 version. If you liked the original, you will like this one as well. It also seems bug-free, I haven't encountered any myself, although if you buy it, make sure to disable the auto-update function on Steam because they sometimes DO release savegame-breaking updates.

I would not really compare it to Firaxis' XCOM reboot. That one is a really really good game too, with XCOM feeling at all, I spent countless hours it, but it's so far from the original gameplay-wise (compared to Xenonauts) that it really doesn't make much sense to compare them.

YayMii: Always send 2 interceptors. Disengage with the one the UFO is chasing to save your plane, while use the other fighter to get into its tail and just take it down. And don't use Avalanche missiles, they only hit bigass UFOs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: butt