Xenoblade restarts everytime I try to load

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Salbert, Oct 4, 2011.

Oct 4, 2011
  1. Salbert
    OP

Newcomer Salbert Newbie

United States
    OK So I have CFG USB Loader installed using this tutorial and am using it to play Xenoblade Chronicles, just like everyone else.

Everything worked fine the first time I loaded it up. I played the game for about 40 minutes, saved it, and turned it off. When I went back to it, I tried loading my save file. The screen went black for a while, then the word "Reading Disk.." flashed for a second, and it restarted the game as if I had pressed the Reset button. It did this every time I tried to load my save.

I tried loading from a different IOS, but when I did that, CFG didn't load the game at all. It just froze at "Booting disk...". I reinstalled the game and it worked again, but it still kept restarting every time I tried to load my save. After switching "block IOS reload" (thinking that this might solve the problem(i really have no clue though)), CFG froze again when it tried to run the game.

Does anyone know what could possibly be going on? I feel like this is two problems. If I could solve the restarting problem, I could at least play the game. But I still feel like I should be able to change the options without my USB Loader freezing.

2. PsyBlade

Member PsyBlade Snake Charmer

Germany
    Perhaps the save is corrupt.

Try starting an new game and save + load that.

3. Salbert
    OP

Newcomer Salbert Newbie

United States
    Well damn, that has appeared to work. Thanks.

That being said, I DID also reinstall IOS236 and d2x. I don't know if doing that did anything, but I'm putting it out there as a possibility just in case anyone has the same problem as I did.

I also deleted the supposed corrupted save. And re"installed" the game to my harddrive again. Basically I did almost everything over again except reinstall HBC.