xenoblade quest questions

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by mrpinkeye, Aug 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Aug 25, 2011

xenoblade quest questions by mrpinkeye at 1:37 AM (1,442 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. mrpinkeye
    OP

Member mrpinkeye GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    few questions about quests:

do i have to return to quest originator or when the screen pops up to tell me iv done it is that it?
    can i have as many quests open/accepted as i want?
    is it possible to go too far in the game and loose unfinished quests forever?

2. Ryoku83

Member Ryoku83 GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    Some quest turn in automaticly. Some you need to go back to the quest giver. Some quest have a timer. If you go to far into the main quest storyline you'll loose the ability to do/finish those quests. After you finish gathering/killing something for a quest it will often say "quest updated - push + (if your using nunchuck + wiimote) for info" thats a good time to check to see if you need to return to the quest giver.

3. Ergo

Member Ergo GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Any quest w/ a named giver, you need to return. If the person giving the quest is a generic "citizen", etc., you do not have to return, though, as Ryoku said, there might be multiple steps.

4. mrpinkeye
    OP

Member mrpinkeye GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    oh christ, iv never checked!

the only one iv returned for is "go and find my ring" and i assumed any "go and find" quests would need to be returned to the giver

so do some of the "go and kill X monsters" need me to go back to the giver? if so im owed loads of cash/xp!

5. RupeeClock

Member RupeeClock Colors 3D Snivy!

United Kingdom
    The quest details will actually have a checkbox if you need to return to the client, so you can check the details of an accepted quest.

As far as I can tell it's best to simply accept all the quests you can, as given the nature of many of them they'll be completed automatically as you defeat enemies throughout the game.
    You don't even have to complete a quest to accept addition quests from the same person, they may have multiple quests for you.

There are also quests where you can make different choices, which will offer different rewards.

6. Cyan

Global Moderator Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

France
    Yes it is, these kind of quest will be marked with a watch.
    The first time quests appear later in the game (not on colony9), and if you continue playing too far you will be asked "are you sure you want to proceed? you can't come back here anymore if you decide to continue".
    So, don't worry about timed quest.
    (except one quest you can fail, "Secret quest - rescue someone right now").

Multiple choices quests usually change the level of popularity you have in town, and the relationship level between NPC.
    Your decision will change their next missions etc.

To see quests where you have to go back to someone, filter the list by "Current quests" instead of "new".
    All the quests with multiple steps which you started at least the first one are listed here.

Too bad we can't filter by more than one criteria :
    Colony 6 + new
    Colony 6 + Defy type only, etc.

I wish there were a list of possible quests too (even an unlockable "full quest listing" once completing the game, so we knew we missed some or not. As there's a NewGame+ mode we could complete the missed one).

I'm closing this topic as you got your answers.
    If you need help on the game or on a specific quest, please continue discussion in the "hype thread", a lot of users are already using it for telling their progression and asking help [​IMG]
    http://gbatemp.net/t302116-xenoblade-chron...view=getnewpost

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.