Hacking Xenoblade Freeze

rythern

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My brother recently modded my wii and gave it to me, and I decided to try to play Xenoblade chronicles on it. It worked fine until I reach this one dungeon, and whenever I try to enter it, the game freezes and becomes unresponsive, forcing me to turn off the wii manually each time. This problem happens with USB configurable loader, Neogamma, and the Wiiflow loader. The game does not crash at any other point; only when I try to enter this dungeon. I am certain that the disc image I am using is not corrupt and I have tried reformatting my drive between NTFS and WBFS but to no avail. I have also tried using Modmii to try to "fix" my wii since I myself am actual a complete noobie when it comes to modding. Is there anything else I can try? Should I try to just remod my wii altogether and start over step by step?

Thanks for any help :)

rythern

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to bump my topic shamelessly but I just spent the whole day trying to figure this problem out without any success. This is really tough because I am trying to figure out if my brother modded my wiii wrong or if I just need to fix something... I have tried reinstalling cIOSes and messing around with formatting my external hard drive again, but nothing seems to be working. It is odd because the game works completely fine all the way up until I try to enter this dungeon. I have read somewhere that the issue may be because of disk splitting, but I do not think that is the case either since I have tried playing the game in its unsplit iso form as well.

I am completely at my wits end here. Any help please? :(

rythern

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried running it in Dolphin off the same save file and I was indeed able to get past the dungeon. I saved and loaded that save into my wii, but the save will not load when I play from my wii. I think it's safe to conclude that my external hard drive is faulty somehow. Would it work if I bought a new SD Card or external hard drive and loaded the game from there?

rythern

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I bought a bigger SD card and tried running the game off of that. Even when I load a save that is past the trouble spot, it does not load. I also cannot enter the dungeon when I load a save that is before the dungeon. So at this point it wasn't even an issue with the hard drive I guess. I'm about ready to give up at this point unless anyone has any suggestions.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Ok I bought a bigger SD card and tried running the game off of that. Even when I load a save that is past the trouble spot, it does not load. I also cannot enter the dungeon when I load a save that is before the dungeon. So at this point it wasn't even an issue with the hard drive I guess. I'm about ready to give up at this point unless anyone has any suggestions.
What is this "dungeon" you keep talking about? In any case, it looks like you need to get past this part with a retail disc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: BORN 2 GAME FORCED 2 PAY