Xenoblade developer Monolith Soft opens a new studio in Osaki, Japan

Monolithsoft_logo_2.jpg

Monolith Soft, the studio behind Xenoblade Chronicles has been keeping itself busy lately. Not only are they looking for development staff specifically for a Zelda series title, but they've also just opened up a brand new branch as shown on their official site. Located in Osaki, Japan, this marks the company's fifth studio. It's not currently known what exactly this specific branch will be working on, but we know that the Kyoto branch of Monolith Soft helped with minor development of many major Nintendo titles, such as Splatoon, Pikmin 3, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, and Animal Crossing: New Leaf, so perhaps the company is gearing up to assist with more first party games. Since Monolith Soft's acquisition by Nintendo in 2007, the developer has been growing massively, operating studios in Iidabashi, Nakameguro, Kyoto, Tokyo, and now Osaki.

:arrow: Source

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sounds cool as long as their localisation team stop hiring voice actors from the deepest darkest English pubs they can find. I've never heard thicker accents in my life than Xenoblade Chronicles 1 (and to a lesser extent 2 based on what limited amount I heard from it).

I swear to god if we get a Zelda game with a thick British Link

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Not saying that they should buy everything up, but I'm surprise that they don't buy more companies.
I think the only reason they don't is because Nintendo is already in a strong position. Microsoft went on a buying spree likely only because they're in the weakest position of the big three, and they're perhaps starting to transistion to more of a publisher role like Sega.

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Sounds cool as long as their localisation team stop hiring voice actors from the deepest darkest English pubs they can find. I've never heard thicker accents in my life than Xenoblade Chronicles 1 (and to a lesser extent 2 based on what limited amount I heard from it).

I swear to god if we get a Zelda game with a thick British Link
I'm not native english speaker, Xeno2 has weird accents, is it dubbed by British?

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the only reason they don't is because Nintendo is already in a strong position. Microsoft went on a buying spree likely only because they're in the weakest position of the big three, and they're perhaps starting to transistion to more of a publisher role like Sega.
Still, seems like it keeps working out for them and that can only make their position stronger.

Reactions: Mama Looigi

MagnesG

GBAtemp Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still, seems like it keeps working out for them and that can only make their position stronger.
I feel like Nintendo approach is kinda different, maybe they are more prone to nurturing studios? Most of the times any devs working with them got some values out of it

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I feel like Nintendo approach is kinda different, maybe they are more prone to nurturing studios? Most of the times any devs working with them got some values out of it
nintendo buys them and kinda lets them help out on his major games or do experiments for them, Microsoft is more like here is the money do whatever you want kinda of deal, nintendo seems to work with the studios it buys while microsoft is more like a investment bank of sorts imo.

Reactions: Xzi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over