fmalust

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone!

So I've played Xenoblade twice on the Wii (first on console, but couldn't play anymore b/c of mean brother so had to use emulator second time despite being halfway into the game ><), and a third time on Switch (and just beaten it over the weekend for the second time, yay!!!). What I really enjoyed about playing it on the Wii were the plethora of cheats available for use, particularly in increasing/decreasing the amount of XP, AP and SP you acquired from battles, landmarks and the likes.

There is Expert mode, but it still didn't feel like enough because battles reward so much XP in general, and there was always the temptation of dipping into that pool of XP whenever something was too challenging (I lack self-control!). It also felt really lame decreasing my levels repeatedly, many times, whenever an area was becoming too easy from doing so many sidequests and trying to farm uniques for some goodies.

There's a couple of mods out there for Xenoblade Definitive I found, but they increased the amount of AP, SP and AC you acquire by loads! I tried looking into the numbers to see what I could adjust, but there's nothing for XP (I suppose because of Expert being available), but I have no idea what I'm looking at unfortunately when looking at the codes... It was much easier to edit the cheats for the Wii when it was just simple hex decimals and the like.

Is it possible for someone to create a 'mod' or 'cheat' that reduces XP gains by 50%, and double Affinity Coins earned? 4x and 8x is just a ludicrous amount, but I also don't want to replay the game more than twice to get a lot of coins either lol. ><

NerevaRising

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Paraguay
This one halves xp gain, gonna see if I can make one that doubles AC.
Be aware that the xp shown on screen after you defeat an enemy remains unchanged even though the actual xp gained is halved.

Attachments

• 0.5XP.zip
    500 bytes · Views: 105
Last edited by NerevaRising,

fmalust

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh my gosh yaaay! Thank you so much!!! This is actually, truly exciting!

Now if I can figure out how to add Melia into my party, my fourth playthrough can be incredibly exciting! x)

NerevaRising

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Paraguay
I can't test this one since I only have early game savefiles but this should give you 2 Affinity Coins at level ups or when defeating unique monsters. Let me know if it works

fmalust

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried the experience earlier and it works, but it seems like the double affinity coins doesn't. The game wont load at all, it just gets stuck in a black screen after the initial boot. =(

fmalust

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nevermind, I found it was conflicting with another add-on I had enabled (which I can't remember what it even does, oops lol). But I did test and kill a unique, and I still only got 1 Affinity Coin from it instead of 2. Oh no. :(

I'm not really sure which one is the save file, since they both have a similar name, but I parked my party right next to a Unique I hadn't killed yet (but did to test the cheat).

Edit: Double checked and it conflicts with the 1.1.2 update. D:

Attachments

• Save File Slot 1.rar
    129 KB · Views: 32

NerevaRising

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Paraguay
Nevermind, I found it was conflicting with another add-on I had enabled (which I can't remember what it even does, oops lol). But I did test and kill a unique, and I still only got 1 Affinity Coin from it instead of 2. Oh no. :(

I'm not really sure which one is the save file, since they both have a similar name, but I parked my party right next to a Unique I hadn't killed yet (but did to test the cheat).

Edit: Double checked and it conflicts with the 1.1.2 update. D:
Hmm, gonna do some more tests. Meanwhile you could try this one that increases the coins times 4

fmalust

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, I've been using the 4x that I got from the yuzu mods page right around the time I reached end game! I just figured using 4x in a fresh run would be overkill since you end up with nearly 1100 coins after doing everything aha. Thanks for taking the time to figure all this out though, it really means a lot! I truly appreciate it!!!

NerevaRising

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Paraguay
Oh, I've been using the 4x that I got from the yuzu mods page right around the time I reached end game! I just figured using 4x in a fresh run would be overkill since you end up with nearly 1100 coins after doing everything aha. Thanks for taking the time to figure all this out though, it really means a lot! I truly appreciate it!!!
No problem! btw, have you tried posting on this thread?
https://gbatemp.net/threads/cheat-codes-ams-and-sx-os-add-and-request.520293/

fmalust

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been considering it, I just get nervous and anxious but what do I have to lose lol. I tried modifying the numbers in the files from ISP but it did absolutely nothing, and there's another code I found in that massive thread I wanted to use and tried many different ways but couldn't so I guess it's time for me to get in there lol. :P

Thank you sooo, so much for your help though! I can't wait to do another playthrough with the half XP you provided!!! :D

NerevaRising

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Paraguay
I've been considering it, I just get nervous and anxious but what do I have to lose lol. I tried modifying the numbers in the files from ISP but it did absolutely nothing, and there's another code I found in that massive thread I wanted to use and tried many different ways but couldn't so I guess it's time for me to get in there lol. :P

Thank you sooo, so much for your help though! I can't wait to do another playthrough with the half XP you provided!!! :D
Good luck!!

NerevaRising

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Paraguay
Good news! So I managed to modify the existing 4x ac mod and turn it into 2x, the only issue I found so far is that new characters that join the party will have 2 extra affinity coins over reyn and shulk but this issue seems to be present in the 4x and 8x versions also, everything else seems to run fine.

Attachments

• More Affinity Coins (x2).zip
    682 bytes · Views: 64
Last edited by NerevaRising,

fmalust

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Omg yay!!! I wonder what it was I did wrong that it didn't take effect for me. I'll definitely try to study your changes! :P Thanks so much Nereva!!!!!

You wouldn't happen to know how to convert a code to be used for yuzu, would you? There's a code that works on the Switch but it has zero effect on Yuzu. >.<

[Unlock All Arts]
30010000 0000005C
04110000 28F826F4 03010301
78010000 00000004

If I could just get a hold of that, and a party editor, I'm totally golden! :D

fmalust

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just curious, and sorry to bother you again Nereva, but how would you go about reducing the value of the 0.5 xp to 0.25? It was so much easier to adjust the codes myself with codebreaker, but gameshark (I think that's what we're using?) seems so complex and different that I don't know where to start when identifying the values. >.<

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I'm sleepy good night