Xenoblade Chronicles X load vía disc

Discussion in 'Wii U - Games & Content' started by Katsumi San, Dec 9, 2015.

1. Katsumi San
    OP

Katsumi San GBAtemp Fan

Jan 15, 2012
    Kyoto
    Hello everyone... Today I type little post with info of game loading with disc.

Here is info:
    500 GB ministation stealth buffalo HDD | Wii U 5.5.0U firmware. | Physical disc

Okay I let load of all mii characters of main menu screen, then press game icon to start game also start countdown and stop when first visual(actual mech,chara,etc appear) of main menu is appear. Now I did this both ways, have 10GB data files on external HDD and internal Wii U flash memory. The results? It is both take 56 seconds, but loading with data files on external HDD is faster only by few mili seconds.

Now my question to knowledgeable persons of WiiU... Which is better to store data? All Xenoblade game data is fit in internal storage so why not store data inside? Hmm perhaps there is no advantage here.. Preference perhaps? I do not wish to kill external..

P.S. Sorry I use some google translate...

2. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    I started with a mechanical 320GB HDD, but then removed the data packs and moved the save to NAND.

Loading a save is about 2x slower, but everytihng else isn't something I notice in regular gameplay, and I prefer not having a dedicated disk (that starts every time Spotpass connects!)