Xenoblade Chronicles Finally Gets a Release In NA...At Gamestop Only

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Hadrian, Dec 2, 2011.

1. Hadrian
    OP

Hadrian Better than Craigslist

Former Staff
    Oct 12, 2004
    Now NA gamers can officially buy the finest Japanese RPG game for years! So now some can stop complaining about a game that most was going to pirate anyway.

http://kotaku.com/58...unlikely-source

1 person likes this.

2. Hyro-Sama

Hyro-Sama I'm from the fucking future.

Oct 25, 2009
    After Earth
    I hope it's the bundle with a red Classic Controller Pro and not just the game.

3. UtadaRumiko

UtadaRumiko Member

Newcomer
    Nov 10, 2011
    United States
    Just heard about this from Gameinformer. Just when I thought the Wii was going to die after Skyward Sword. This is pretty awesome. Can't wait.

4. TehSkull

TehSkull Living the life

Nov 29, 2009
    United States
    Louisiana
    Clearly you've forgotten Dragon Quest X. I will say I'm looking forward more to Xenoblade Chronicles though.

1 person likes this.
  5. Hadrian
    OP

Hadrian Better than Craigslist

Former Staff
    Oct 12, 2004
    Well NoE are still releasing The Last Story, Pandora's Tower plus they did say that there will be some other games they've yet to have announced. That and another DQ game though some would probably grab the Wii U version instead.

There was a survival horror game that looked great but so far its only got a Japanese release date.

6. TheDarkSeed

TheDarkSeed I'm a pretentious sack of shit

May 11, 2009
    United States
    Carson
    I hear it's a Gamestop exclusive? If it means they're only selling it at gamestop, then that would be a huge middle finger to all the people that pre-ordered it on Amazon to support Operation Rainfall.

2 people like this.
  7. Ammako

Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Dec 22, 2009
    Canada
    At least, Gamestop is "doing the right thing"' right?

8. Gh0sti

Gh0sti iOS Guru

Aug 19, 2009
    United States
    Inside you, all around you
    this will be good ill try the game once its released in NA

9. Ryupower

Ryupower Brood

Oct 8, 2007
    United States

10. Guild McCommunist

Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

May 6, 2009
    United States
    The Danger Zone
    Tried the EU version and it was a snorefest. I don't think I'll be bothered with the US version.

And it's only a "limited edition" release because JRPGs aren't exactly big sellers over here unless they're with a huge series (Final Fantasy, for example). A limited release ensures that people who want it can get it without NoA risking too much.

1 person likes this.
  11. KingVamp

KingVamp Great... AETHER!

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    We need to support this for rgps sake. I guess I will be picking this up.

12. RoMee

RoMee ??

Sep 3, 2010
    United States
    ??
    They should had done this during the Euro release. Most people who wants to play this game already pirated it.

1 person likes this.
  13. impizkit

impizkit Lazy Lurker

Apr 6, 2010
    Way to come in late on this NOA, this game was the reason I softmodded my wii. Watch, the US version will be better now and make me want to start over.

14. soulx

soulx GBAtemp Legend

Apr 4, 2009
    Canada
    Well I never really bothered with the EU version. I'll pick this up and hopefully I'll be motivated to finish it.

15. Guild McCommunist

Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

May 6, 2009
    United States
    The Danger Zone
    Wait wait wait... So the game doesn't get a US release and people complain. Understandable I guess. But when it does get announced, people complain anyway?

Well fuck me sideways.

4 people like this.
  16. awssk8er

awssk8er GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jun 26, 2007
    United States
    New Jersey
    I saw it on Nintendo's Facebook.

Every post they make (Even if unrelated to Xenoblade) people would spam them with messages saying, "BRING US XENOBLADE." Then when Nintendo finally did it, the responses weren't as positive as they should have been.

It really seems people only wanted the game because they couldn't have it. Whatever. It will boost sales.

I have no interest in the game.

17. emigre

emigre Has complex motives

Jan 28, 2009
    London
    From what I've played the game's pretty good. There was nothing from the ten hours or so I played to make me think "best RPG this gen!!!" But considering the Wii has jackshit in JRPGs and this generation of home consoles have a relatively small library of JRPGs, it might be worth picking this up to show Nintendo, you want these type of games.

18. D34DL1N3R

D34DL1N3R Nephilim

Dec 6, 2008
    United States
    Why would it be any different?

1 person likes this.
  19. DeathStrudel

DeathStrudel GBAtemp Fan

Nov 27, 2010
    United States
    Raleigh, NC
    I don't see anyone complaining.....the closest thing I see is people pointing out that they don't really care as much because they already played the PAL version since they assumed they weren't going to see a US release. That's not really the same as complaining.

20. Forstride

Forstride The rudder moves when I turn the wheel

May 6, 2008
    United States
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Love how people are still complaining about things related to this over on Nintendo's Facebook page. Ungrateful little fucks. You beg, spam, and petition for a generic JRPG to be released in the US, and now that it is, you still complain? What the fuck, man.

EDIT: By complaining I mean "Where's The Last Story?" "Where's Pandora's Tower" "Wow, took fucking long enough -_-" and other shit like that.

1 person likes this.