1. SuperDan

SuperDan Im Aware ... Im Unaware

United States
    Yeah I remember having a YouTube review showing a guy flying around .. Did look cool .. I just got busy with Zelda BOTW.. . & others .. Especially a future racer called fast racing neo... ( I'm a sucker for a f zero . Wipeout type ) .. I might have to set up the WIIU to my HD projector soon a have a blast . I wonder how long it takes to be able to fly .. Like in game hours . I reckon I'm about 10ish hours in ..

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I think I'm the rare one that could not get a crap about trophies...

Sinon likes this.
  2. teamlocust

teamlocust GBAtemp Regular

India
    Called it, will most def play on switch, thankfully didn't play this on my Wii and 3ds

3. kumikochan

kumikochan GBAtemp Psycho!

Belgium
    Sadly the last story isn't that popular wich in my opinion was a million times better than xenoblade chronicles. Would rather have a remaster of that game. I know it's on a different system entirely but i want some love for the last story instead of always xenoblade

Last edited by kumikochan, Feb 22, 2020
    TheMrIron2 likes this.
  4. sarkwalvein

sarkwalvein There's hope for a Xenosaga port.

Germany
    Some times the "Keep It Simple Stupid" motto makes all the sense. To be honest I prefer the "bad and simple" art style "made by programmers" of Xenoblade 1... not a fan of how they turned the second one into Booboland Fetish 2.

Draxikor, Lazyboss and Reynardine like this.
  5. FGFlann

FGFlann GBAtemp Fan

Today I learned GBATemp doesn't understand what "moe" is.

6. sarkwalvein

Germany
    True that.

7. FGFlann

FGFlann GBAtemp Fan

To be fair, I still have nightmares about the original character models.
    [​IMG]

Xzi and CrazyFryta like this.
  8. CrazyFryta

CrazyFryta Member
    Newcomer

Poland
    I still believe that 29th may is true release date

9. Unleanone999

Unleanone999 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Togo
    Honestly I want xcx more than xc1 but whatevs.

Sinon and sarkwalvein like this.
  10. TheZoc

TheZoc GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    How was the dub in the 3ds version?
    For the wii version, it was so bad I preferred to put them in Japanese (hence, not understanding anything during battles) than keep them in English.

I never finished the wii version with all the relationship side quests. I wonder if it's possible to extract the save game from my wii u and put it into the switch version of the game (probably not :( )

11. TheMrIron2

TheMrIron2 GBAtemp Regular

Ireland
    I've only seen one other person mention The Last Story. XC has been remastered not once but twice since its Wii release now and TLS can't get a port or even a Virtual Console release? (Even Pandora's Tower got one on Wii U)

Really wanted to like Xenoblade but just couldn't. Combat felt like you almost weren't in control sometimes and the game just didn't strike me as anything more than "nice if average". Wow... the second remaster of the same average JRPG in 10 years... smashing news for Switch owners. :glare:
    Bring back The Last Story!

12. FGFlann

FGFlann GBAtemp Fan

The Last Story is a boring game. :evil: Pandora's Tower on the other hand is the best game on the wii and deserves a sequel.

13. Reynardine

Reynardine The Villagefox

Germany
    I only played the first game on the Wii for a bit. It's been a while. :P
    Looking back at the character models now I see what mean. Somewhere between bland and ugly.

I guess it was more the world that I enjoyed. I dunno how to explain it, but running around the grassy plains, the music and all that felt nice. I wanted to like the game, but I didn't get the battle mechanics at all. I randomly spammed whatever attack became available and got my ass handed to me at the first real boss battle, right after that tunnel section.

I tried several times and then I gave up on it...
    I'm so used to mashing or timing buttons to use weapons.

For the same reason I stayed away from Xenoblade Chronicles 2 on Switch so far.

Did these guys also make Baten Kaitos, that card based Gamecube RPG?
    Xenoblade reminds me of that.

Last edited by Reynardine, Feb 22, 2020
  14. Nevermore

Nevermore GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I found Jason Schreier.

15. RacsoSakuraba

RacsoSakuraba GBAtemp Regular

Venezuela

The dubbing is the same. The English dubbing of the game is not that it is bad, it is British English that is totally different from the American that you are probably used to.

3DS had the limit of 4GB files for the FAT32 format (the game size almost 4GB, 3.8GB or 3.9GB I think I remember) so he didn't have dual audio.

The Xenoblade Chronicles 3D never really existed, it is the same game, without dual audio, worse performance than Wii, lower quality textures and geometry in general. It is the worst way to play this installment. This new one will be the first REAL FULL RETAIL

Last edited by RacsoSakuraba, Feb 22, 2020
  16. Sinon

Sinon You can call me either Mike or Autumn

Costa Rica
    Big agree, Pandora's Tower > The Last Story

It's never been remastered, it's only been ported once to the New3DS

And Xenoblade Chronicles on the Wii U's "Wii VC" is literally the same game, running on Wii hardware.

Last edited by Sinon, Feb 22, 2020
    Daggot and FGFlann like this.
  17. FGFlann

FGFlann GBAtemp Fan

I love Pandora's Tower so much. All the in-game text fleshing out the world and the deeply personal story between Endé and Celes. Efficiently managing your time to spare Celes' suffering from the curse. Nicely balanced difficulty, perhaps a tad on the easy side once you get used to it. I would love so much to be able to explore more of that world.

Sinon likes this.
  18. sarkwalvein

Germany
    To be honest, I never played Pandora's Tower completely... i was able to try it at the end of the Wii's life and I really liked it, but for many reasons I don't have the game anymore (not much time to get into it).

In the other hand I have The Last Story for the Wii, collector's edition at it... but I never could get attached to it enough to keep it playing, I always tell myself that I should give it another try, but nowadays I have no Wii... I have a Wii U, but I have to take it out of wherever it is collecting dust and plug it in. Then I have no Wii Pro Controllers, I have Wii U Pro Controllers but you can't use them on Wii games, and so it keeps adding annoyance that makes me not play the game.

I hope they release a Switch version of it, because I'd rather buy it again on Switch than going through the hassle it would be to take the Wii U out and play it using Wiimotes, or of getting it from somewhere and playing it on an emulator... to much of a hassle, the epitome of first world problems.

Last edited by sarkwalvein, Feb 22, 2020
  19. kumikochan

kumikochan GBAtemp Psycho!

Belgium
    nah nah nah nah and a thousand times more nah lol. Pandora's tower to me is a game that presents itself as an JRPG but in reality is a dungeon crawler. I liked it but when looking towards game comparing it to a Jrpg standard the last story comes way on top. As a dungeon crawler pandora's tower does but if a game presents itself as a jrpg that is what i expect and not something else. But that's purely objective from my standpoint and i get why people like pandora's tower more but we can all agree the people liking those games that we need both games remastered on the switch and deserve some love. Not only the last story but also pandora's tower deserves that. Nintendo fucking hell give us some remasters of those and i'll gladly by a limited edition again that i already have of those games on the wii. Give it give it give it !!! Lol

TheMrIron2 likes this.
  20. AkiraKurusu

AkiraKurusu GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    This is what we need a Direct about, not Animal Crossing.
    All we really know about Xenoblade: Definitive is that it's higher quality than the original Wii (and New 3DS) game. We don't know anything about changes, alterations, additions from X and 2, an actual release window let alone a date.

Whereas Animal Crossing is just Animal Crossing. Do essentially the exact same things you've done for four games (GameCube, Wii, DS, 3DS) now all over again, just you're not in a town but on an island; not that exciting, really. We also know the release date for this game, unlike Xenoblade: Definitive.

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Chronicles, Definitive, Xenoblade