• Thread starter Deleted-19228
  • Start date
  • Views 20,926
  • Replies 189
  • Likes 3
D

Deleted-19228

OP
The dev team was extremely lazy with the region differences between US/UK. The US games is using all of the UK text. If I wanted to play it in English-UK I would have purchased the EUR copy. In fact, I stopped playing my ROM because of it. I then start playing my US copy and it's the same damn text. "organisation" "defence" and others. Even as I type this my Chrome is throwing flags on those words because they aren't English-US spellings. This is bad especially for kids playing it since it teaches them the incorrect way to spell words here.

EDIT: Apparently I have to clarify because people can't seem to understand or read correctly. I played Eur ROM a week early in anticipation of my US version arriving last week.

D

Deleted-19228

OP
So you're so upset by a few misplaced "U"s that you refuse to play a game that you didn't actually purchase?

Learn to read.

"In fact, I stopped playing my ROM because of it. I then start playing my US copy and it's the same damn text."

defence? That's how I always spelled it

But this definately isn't something to be annoyed it

US = Defense
UK = Defence

The characters also speak with UK(ish) accents. This teaches kids the incorrect way of speaking.

Ban this sick filth... all the way to EOF.

Not true at all. There's no reason this should have been moved either as it was a discussion regarding a game. Nintendo wants to region lock games? Then they need to follow their own rules.

Reactions: Adeka

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not true at all. There's no reason this should have been moved either as it was a discussion regarding a game. Nintendo wants to region lock games? Then they need to follow their own rules.

I agree with you 100% here. Although the title should be changed if it's moved back to the 3ds section

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Does it really matter that much? Just treat it like the rare typo, there aren't THAT many words that are different. Hell, I tend to randomly use either UK or US English when writing, depending on the word and whether I feel like adding an extra u. (yes, I know that's not a good thing)

D

Deleted-19228

OP
Verbal and written communication is a whole different thing. But whatever, I'm just going to drop it. I just didn't expect them to keep the same script from EUR to US. I am positive Xenoblade on the Wii didn't but I'm too lazy to boot my system up to check.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Verbal and written communication is a whole different thing. But whatever, I'm just going to drop it. I just didn't expect them to keep the same script from EUR to US. I am positive Xenoblade on the Wii didn't but I'm too lazy to boot my system up to check.

I mean, I get where you're coming from, but it's very much a British game (at least character-wise), so I don't see where the main issue is

Reactions: 2Hack

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Back in the day when the US got game releases months (or even years) ahead of UK/EU we usually got US English translation. It seems petulant to complain on one of the few occasions when the boot is on the other foot. Like others say, the dialogue is still perfectly legible even if it's not in the only local variation you find acceptable. Just be thankful it's in English and not Engrish.

Also, if kids should be protected from 'incorrect' spelling then maybe they should be kept away from the internet where ppl tlk lik dis.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    The cream cheese flavoring in the bagel cups scares me
    Did you try the breakfast one they make?
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    A good salmon Poké bowl with some cream cheese is decadent
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's really not bad you just think of cold cream cheese
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    being lactose intolerant is a sin
    I dont like cream cheese. Thats why. Haha. The breakfast noodle cup sounds fantastic though.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I beat grilled cream cheese would be top notch
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    @ZeroT21 tons of ingredients contains lactose more or less sadly. Makes them tummy aches and farts-o-lantern rocket launches
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My only gripe too many poppy seeds a cop may taze me
    "Start your day with Cup Noodles Breakfast! This limited time flavor blends ramen with your favorite breakfast flavors, including pancakes, maple syrup, sausage, and eggs."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If our Walmart has them yours probably does
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I came to like french Camembert
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People get way too self conscious about ingredients
    Grilled peanut butter sandwiches with banana, bacon, and marshmallow cream. YUM!!!!
    one of my favorites
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Okay elvis
    fuck elvis. lol :P
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My type c cable is starting to die guess I better order one from my desk
    sounds like something Ween would play
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    And here I thought I was the only one that buy cables in bulk
    Nope. Theres two of you! Haha
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They're so cheap now why not
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I like the L angle connectors which add more force to it I guess which defeats the point
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I like the L angle connectors which add more force to it I guess which defeats the point