OP
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Source: Nintendo UK

The download version of Xenoblade Chronicles 3D does not fit on the microSD card included with New Nintendo 3DS and New Nintendo 3DS XL systems: an 8GB or larger microSD card is required to download this game from Nintendo eShop. See supported microSD cards in our Support section.
Xenoblade Chronicles 3D
In a vast world of adventure, where the action stretches as far as the eye can see, you must battle evil in the sprawling RPG Xenoblade Chronicles 3D, only for New Nintendo 3DS and New Nintendo 3DS XL.
It is the aftermath of devastating attack on your home world. Discovering a new hope, you begin a journey under a flag of vengeance that will lead beyond the horizon to strange, wondrous lands. Treasures and dangers await, where you will engage old enemies, make new friends, and face your destiny. Can you break the timeline and change the future, or are you and your race doomed to extinction? Your adventure starts with a vision…
The Bionis and the Mechonis

An almighty crash heralded the sudden arrival of the Bionis and the Mechonis to this world, for the two titans were locked in a timeless battle. Once the dust had settled, only their corpses remained. Now, the Bionis' enormous body, covered in lush plains, is home to a developed civilisation, the Homs. But life on Bionis was not destined to flourish forever.​
TM_3DS_NewNintendo3DS_NewNintendo3DSXL_CMM_big.jpg
Only for New Nintendo 3DS and New Nintendo 3DS XL

Xenoblade Chronicles 3D was developed exclusively for New Nintendo 3DS and New Nintendo 3DS XL. Both offer new customisation options, new speed, new controls, new 3D viewing and a whole new experience!​

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
There's never been an 8GB 3ds cart. I wonder if this game will be the first.

I also have a premonition the game won't be dumpable or even run. We'll soon see.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm I thought "New" titles were going to be download only to spare confusion in the general gaming market aka the soccer moms.

EDIT: dam you guys can buy "new" 3DS systems from Nintendo directly? We in the US can only buy refurbished items and Nintendo rarely has many in stock.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Hmmm I thought "New" titles were going to be download only to spare confusion in the general gaming market aka the soccer moms.

EDIT: dam you guys can buy "new" 3DS systems from Nintendo directly? We in the US can only buy refurbished items and Nintendo rarely has many in stock.

If by "you guys" you mean the nintendo online store in the UK, it's just another online retailer (thehut group) licensed to use the nintendo name as their third or fourth shop front online.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
...you know that this doesn't mean the game will be 4GB+, right? It could very well be 4GB, it's just that all of the peripheral stuff the 3DS saves to the SD card like themes, layouts, save files etc. make it impossible for the game to fit without any extra space. Of course it's also entirely possible that it is over 4GB, which wouldn't be that big of a surprise. I just wonder how flashcarts will handle this issue.

Reactions: Maximilious

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Actually, 8GB uSD cards are even given back for change as if candies (exaggeration yey!)
I mean, they are cheap as hell. Sure Nintendo may put them into prebundled Xenoblade consoles.

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone actually use the supplied 4GB card as their main internal storage? With both my 3DS' I used a specially bought 32GB card from the get-go as a mere 4GB didn't sound like it would go very far.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Does anyone actually use the supplied 4GB card as their main internal storage? With both my 3DS' I used a specially bought 32GB card from the get-go as a mere 4GB didn't sound like it would go very far.

Before my first "real" eShop game (SSB4), the original 2 GB card was fine for a few demos, photos, videos and updates :)

link491

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

I use the supplied 4gb card, since I'm not planning to get anything on the shop, besides pokebank. So all the card is holding is firmware updates and pictures.

Reactions: omgpwn666

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's never been an 8GB 3ds cart. I wonder if this game will be the first.

I also have a premonition the game won't be dumpable or even run. We'll soon see.

The 4GB SD card has other data on it, and the largest ROM I've seen is 4GB. The game is likely 4GB but due to the SD card and loss of space after format and folder creation, you need an 8GB card to fit the file on it.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm willing to bet the game is just a little over 4GB or 5GB in size (trimmed), but would require an 8GB SD card to store and play the ROM/.CIA

endoverend

AKA zooksman
Trophies
Website
zooksman.com
XP
Country
United States
This is especially annoying since people buying a New 3DS just for this game will have to buy a screwdriver and a new MicroSD card if they plan to buy it digitally, which is a lot easier than switching carts.

Reactions: VinsCool

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Cut your life into pieces. +1