ROM Hack Xenoblade Chronicles 3D, what are and how to view files ?

MK73DS

Non-commutative algebra
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
France
Hi :)

I just dumped a few days ago Xenoblade Chronicles 3D with braindump (the new tool that allows dumping romfs and exefs on the latest firmware via the HB launcher), I unpacked them with CTRtool and now ... I have a bunch of files and folder.

I was able to know what are sounds files (In the directory named snd bravo!) but they are ADX files. I, with some useful help from another member, found that they are probably encrypted files (no program with ADX support was able to open these files :/)
There are also *.se files, but I think those are just sounds (like getting an item, etc.)

Also, in the folder map (which is probably the ... map :P), there are *.dap and *.lod files, and each "file" exists with both extention (for example : ma0000.dap and ma0000.lod ; ma0101.dap ans ma0101.lod ; etc.). From the size of the files (lod are always smaller that dap), I was able to deduce that lod files are just smaller versions of dap's ones, with less polygons to let the 3DS rendering huge worlds (Sorry for my english, It's not my first language and I don't really know how to say what I want to say ^^). But again, I don't know how to open them (Or even if they are encrypted)

There is also an obj folder. but in this folder there are a lot of different file type :/ There are *.chl, *.ccl, *.id, *.lgt, *.lod and *.map files ^^ But most of them are *.chl and *.ccl files, and the other ones are "the same" file (just like before for the *.dap and *.lod files). I don't know what they are, maybe just 3D objects (like character for *.chr files ? Character collision for *.ccl files ? I don't know at all ^^)

I don't want to do all the folders, but there is an ev folder with a realtime folder in it, so I think it is the cinematic folder (ev = event ?). In this folder, there are *.rev files (which are all names jp_vs[number].rev .. are they japanese voices ? :wtf:), and some *.moflex files :/ There also is another folder in this folder which is in a folder ( :P ), it's called en and conatains again *.adx files, but they are names exactly as the *.rev files without the "jp_" before ... still hope for japanese voices ? :D

I'll finish here, I don't know where are the textures files :(

I'll give you screenshots of every folder if you want to explore without dumping it (3.6GB uh >.<), and I hope you can help me to open these files, or if it is possible, to modify them :)

I'll thank you very much for your help, I'm very new (since yesterday in fact :P) in this huge world of ROM hacking and I think I'll really love it :D

Again, sorry for my english :)

Mega folder for all the screenshots : https://mega.nz/#F!eQ4CiK7J!zeiMM3qxI3nnR7MPHYLhtg
Google drive folder for all the screenshots : https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0Bz7mLKRUf-VFelJodmY0T1g5SEU&usp=sharing

Because I can't upload more than 20 images, there are NOT all the folder here ! Go on Mega or Google Drive if you want to see all the folders!

Romfsdir : romfsdir.PNG
common.PNGcommon-de.png

ev-realtime.pngev-realtime-en.PNG

map.PNG

mapbdat.PNGmapbdat-de.png

menu.PNGmenu-de.pngmenu-de-tpl.png

obj.PNG

script.PNGscript-de.png
-------------------------------script-jp.PNG
-------------------------------script-vs.PNG

snd.PNGsnd-adx.PNG
-------------------------------snd-se.PNGsnd-se-pc.PNG

Sorry if it's not clear, but multiple spaces aren't allowed so it's hard to make proper indentation x)

Last edited by MK73DS,

robotortoise

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It reminds me a lot of the Xenoblade Wii files, honestly.

Here's a list of how to work with those. Use QuickBMS and the supplied scripts.

Not sure if any of the formats have changed for the port. I don't have the ROMFS myself so I can't check.

Reactions: MK73DS

MK73DS

Non-commutative algebra
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
France
Thanks for anwsering, but it doesn't work with me :( Maybe they changed all the formats ?
If anyone who had Xenoblade's romfs can try for me, maybe my dump is corrupted :/

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried it with the latest version? The first release of HANS had a broken cpu clock changer but it should be fixed now.
I don't think it's the clock. I know smash doesn't run due to the launcher not having acess to all the ram. I'll give it a test.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I don't think it's the clock. I know smash doesn't run due to the launcher not having acess to all the ram. I'll give it a test.
............................... I lied.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Still though, i cannot see anything until smea fixes the c-stick issue. After both of these are fixed xenoblade hacks woyld be pretty cool.

MK73DS

Non-commutative algebra
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
France
With the lastest HANS Xenoblade runs at full speed :) Just the n3DS exclusives buttons don't work :)

If anyone can help me for the main topic it would be very generous :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM