Xenoblade Chronicles 3D or Xenoblade Chronicles X?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Games & Content' started by Naendow, Oct 25, 2016.

1. Naendow
    OP

Naendow Brick-Master

Jan 4, 2016
    Germany
    Hey guys

So, I would like to play Xenoblade Chronicles X. But I do not know if it is important to play the first one before. Does it matter which one to play first?

2. brigcaster

brigcaster GBAtemp Regular

Mar 17, 2015
    Greece
    Under the Moon
    No, you can play them in any order you like.

3. Naendow
    OP

Naendow Brick-Master

Jan 4, 2016
    Germany
    Perfect! Thank you for your effort :)

4. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    Yeah, the similiarities are in the battle controls (but not that much either), having an item collection to fill in, having a truckload of optional missions, the obligatory but minor cameos, and being excellent content for money games :D

5. baller4eva14

baller4eva14 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 26, 2008
    United States
    Hey buddy, Xenoblade for 3DS isn't the best. The virtual Wii title is a whole lot better in gameplay, loading and experience. I am not a fan of Xenoblade X, sorry, but no, I just really don't like it. In terms of story, gameplay and music, I'm saying Xenoblade was the best. Chronicles X just does better in combat. You have to play the first game most definitely, or rather, just play this game alone, it's totally worth it.

PS, if you're just starting playing Xenoblade, search for "Quick Step" gems. Search on Gamefaqs for more tips, the game does have a lot of running, no lie.

PSS, if you can, try getting the HD mod for Dolphin, the game looks so much more awesome.

CatmanFan and galneon like this.
  6. Monado_III

Monado_III GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 8, 2015
    Canada
    /dev/null
    Play the first one first for multiple reasons:
    A) the original's combat might turn you off all together compared to X's which is much faster and dynamic
    B) X is loaded with references to the first game
    C) The first game, while extremely long in it's own right, is generally shorter than X.

7. Jessica1987

Jessica1987 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 3, 2016
    Argentina
    You can play them in any order, but I also recommend startig with XC. The "tutorial system" of XC is much better than that of XCX; you might feel overwhelmed if you start with XCX.

8. Spearel18

Spearel18 GBAtemp Regular

May 5, 2016
    Hungary
    I recommend to play XC first too.
    I played the cr*p out of that game when it first came out, but when I first played with XCX I was still overwhelmed a little...:rofl2:
    And after compering the two, I still like XC more over XCX.

Ryccardo likes this.
  9. TGLaw

TGLaw Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 5, 2016
    United States
    Personally, playing both games, I liked XCX more for gameplay and XC had a much better story. Though if you just play the game for story your best bet is to go watch an anime.

I kept playing XCX after the game was over, online was just so appealing and the community is decent. It's a lot of fun to challenge your knowledge of the game, and discovering all the mechanics makes you feel really proud of yourself. It's extremely satisfying.

There are a few references in X to the first game, though the game is fine on it's own. If you're into exploration and gameplay, play X. If you're into story, play XC. I hope you play both though, they're really good!