LeyendaV

The One and Only
Trophies
Website
heylink.me
XP
Country
Argentina
Is it possible to have a "dual boot" trough hekate to choose payload to launch without changing sd card. The idea is to play big "old" games with the xci loader from sxOS and install others with atmo? thanks a lot for your answer!!
It is, actually. You can have sysnand games, SX, Atmosphere, Android, Ubuntu and Lakka, all on the same SD (if big enough for what you are aiming, of course).
Even when this has been addressed hundreds (if not thousands) of times over the years, people still comes asking for it, so you'll find lots of tutorials around the internet and in this very community about how to set up a dual/triple/quadruple/... boot in your card.

Imancol

Otak Productions
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
There's people that just don't wanna admit they were obviously wrong about SX. But must people are just lazy and/or don't pay enough attention to their consoles, and taking the time and effort to migrate isn't worthy for them.
It really depends on how often you use your Switch and what for.

Atmosphere didn't corrupt your SD, your stupidity did. It has been told, trillions of times over the years, on this community and every single other around internet, that you MUSN'T use exFAT formated cards unless you wanna lose it.
Hammering it on the floor is easier and quicker, and will deliver the exact same results: A piece of techno trash that doesn't work anymore..

That won't happen. It's true that some games released not long after HOS 11 still weren't taking advantage of the updated components inside the system, and a mere header change was enough to trick them into "thinking" they was running on the requested HOS version.
But the more time that passes after a new syster version is released, the more games will be that uses updated components. You can't just force every piece of software into running over something they aren't made to work with, specially the games developed and/or published by Nintendo.

If you don't wanna move to Atmosphere, emulate XC3 on your PC or phone. Otherwise, you simply won't be able to play it.
Atmosphere bombards your MicroSD with thousands of debugging files, and the developer doesn't want to disable it or at least offer an option to do so. And these things make it more likely to corrupt the MicroSD or reduce its lifespan.

LeyendaV

The One and Only
Trophies
Website
heylink.me
XP
Country
Argentina
Atmosphere bombards your MicroSD with thousands of debugging files, and the developer doesn't want to disable it or at least offer an option to do so. And these things make it more likely to corrupt the MicroSD or reduce its lifespan.
LMAO No. It's true that Atmos generates logs, but "thousands" is not even remotely close to the real amount, which is WAAAAAY smaller.
Also, SD cards are prepared to constantly read&write big chunks of information at really high speeds. Creating a minuscule file every now and then doesn't negatively impact on they useful life.

josete2k

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
LMAO No. It's true that Atmos generates logs, but "thousands" is not even remotely close to the real amount, which is WAAAAAY smaller.
Also, SD cards are prepared to constantly read&write big chunks of information at really high speeds. Creating a minuscule file every now and then doesn't negatively impact on they useful life.

Well, last time I had checked (three days ago) I had over 32000 log files (and screenshots) and dbi had frozen When cleaning orphan files.

I made a fresh install two weeks agoand atmosphere has an auto clean log system... But it doesn't work.

I've read tha kefir doesn't have the log feature active...

Reactions: Imancol

LeyendaV

The One and Only
Trophies
Website
heylink.me
XP
Country
Argentina
Well, last time I had checked I had over 32000 log files and dbi had frozen When cleaning orphan files.

I made a fresh install two weeks ago.

That's an alarm you should pay attention to. I made the first clean up in almost three years last week and I overall deleted ~4300 elements (without counting tickets from non installed software), which is a lot but makes sense for all I have inside my SD, the way I use my Switch and how much.

Purple_Shyguy

Trophies
XP
Country
Is it possible to have a "dual boot" trough hekate to choose payload to launch without changing sd card. The idea is to play big "old" games with the xci loader from sxOS and install others with atmo? thanks a lot for your answer!!
It's possible. There's some guides but for me personally it looked like far too much hassle to setup. It's quite a long and complicated process.

I just went with two cards.

Imancol

Otak Productions
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Well, last time I had checked (three days ago) I had over 32000 log files (and screenshots) and dbi had frozen When cleaning orphan files.

I made a fresh install two weeks agoand atmosphere has an auto clean log system... But it doesn't work.

I've been using Kefir for the last few years and it always generates those debug files; and not "logs", for which it has another folder and it has nothing to do with it...

Sunnyboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
little question, Hazel sky i can patch with 14.2.1.0 key BUT thats the only game so far, and play on SXOS 11.0.0 why this game let them patch with NSCB from 14.2.1.0 to 11 and runs fine? the other game stay on the loading screen? is this game has any special?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs