Xenoblade Chronicles 3 Blackscreen on SX OS

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You cannot play/patch newer games on sxos anymore im sorry friend, but its time to move to Atmoshpere while you can b/c sigpatches are also being targeted by Nintendo.... The last game that ever got patched to sxos was back in February.

Reactions: LeyendaV

isoboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never had problems on SX. Moved to atmosphere not long ago. Corrupted the hell out of my sd card. Retroarch crashing. I use exfat so I don't know what to say..but I didn't have issues before. Ran a check on the sd card in windows and it was corrupted to hell and back. The check apparently fixed it so I put it back in and reinstalled the games. Seems to work ok but I'm not a fan of atmosphere.

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never had problems on SX. Moved to atmosphere not long ago. Corrupted the hell out of my sd card. Retroarch crashing. I use exfat so I don't know what to say..but I didn't have issues before. Ran a check on the sd card in windows and it was corrupted to hell and back. The check apparently fixed it so I put it back in and reinstalled the games. Seems to work ok but I'm not a fan of atmosphere.
Exfat is clearly the problem not atmosphere. When you mess around with homebrew apps you need fat32 for stability.
Sxos is only great if you already have a huge collection of older games before 2022. If your just swapping out games/sd cards and don't use an ExHDD over 2TB to mount xci games, then your better off going to atmosphere anyway.

@switchhunter666 & @Hehepopo32
I think the main reason others avoid atmosphere is b/c they assume its complicated to setup which it isn't anymore if they just use atmosphere AIO app. Or not wanting to reformat their sd card, which you'll have to anyway setting up emunand for the 1st time... But yeah we cant even talk about new games and sxos in the same sentence anymore.

Last edited by MasterJ360,

LeyendaV

The One and Only
Trophies
Website
heylink.me
XP
Country
Argentina
Sx os is dead.. atmosphere is the only option... why do people want to stay on a dead cfw....
There's people that just don't wanna admit they were obviously wrong about SX. But must people are just lazy and/or don't pay enough attention to their consoles, and taking the time and effort to migrate isn't worthy for them.
It really depends on how often you use your Switch and what for.

Atmosphere didn't corrupt your SD, your stupidity did. It has been told, trillions of times over the years, on this community and every single other around internet, that you MUSN'T use exFAT formated cards unless you wanna lose it.
Hammering it on the floor is easier and quicker, and will deliver the exact same results: A piece of techno trash that doesn't work anymore..

but i still hope that someone has a way for me to keep SX OS and i can play Xeno 3
That won't happen. It's true that some games released not long after HOS 11 still weren't taking advantage of the updated components inside the system, and a mere header change was enough to trick them into "thinking" they was running on the requested HOS version.
But the more time that passes after a new syster version is released, the more games will be that uses updated components. You can't just force every piece of software into running over something they aren't made to work with, specially the games developed and/or published by Nintendo.

If you don't wanna move to Atmosphere, emulate XC3 on your PC or phone. Otherwise, you simply won't be able to play it.

Last edited by LeyendaV,

flowlapache

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Yes. Create a new emunand on a new card.

I have 11.0 sysnand
12.0 emunand on SXOS on one card
13.X emunand on atmosphere on another card
Is it possible to have a "dual boot" trough hekate to choose payload to launch without changing sd card. The idea is to play big "old" games with the xci loader from sxOS and install others with atmo? thanks a lot for your answer!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.