Xenoblade Chronicles 2 has surpassed sales expectations in all regions

F05F2221-2FA0-4EE8-BBCF-A29619E182EE.jpeg

Xenoblade Chronicles is a series with humble origins, starting with a release on the Nintendo Wii, which seemed to just barely get enough attention to warrant a localization, and even a 3DS port years later. Then, we saw a niche entry into the series on the Wii U with Xenoblade Chronicles X, trying out new elements, but not given the platform to reach wide appeal. The latest game, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, appears to have been a hit in all territories, according to a comment from the executive producer at development studio Monolith Soft. In an interview with US Gamer, Tetsuya Takahashi said that both Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and it’s DLC expansion, Torna: The Golden Country, have both exceeded sales expectations in not only its home country of Japan, but in North America and Europe as well. At the end of the interview, he teases that the series might one day have a third numbered entry, going “down a path [the franchise] hasn’t gone down before”.

From a sales perspective, I have to say Xenoblade Chronicles 2 exceeded my expectations…We really saw more people pick the game up and experience it in the North American and European territories than we thought would do so...It's still early days for the Torna DLC, but from what we've seen in Japan, the sales of the Torna DLC are exceeding our expectations as well.

I'm someone who gets bored of whatever it was I did last. If the Xenoblade Chronicles series continues, you just might see it take a third option. It might go down a path it hasn't gone down before.

:arrow: Source

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i feel like ive missed the fanservice part of the game everyone keeps talking about. where was it maybe ive grown a mental block to it or something since ive never viewed video game characters as people and as such things like fanservice in games are like skimpy clothes on a barbie doll, in the end pointless and better things can be googled.

hold up do you mean cliches? like usual anime stuff that you find in nearly any anime game/jrpg. cause thats sorta part of gaming/anime culture as a whole and if your taking the game so seriously that you just cant laugh it off thats sorta sad or youve played so many game with them that youve grown tired of them to the point you cant just ignore them, which is also sad.
There is a lot of distasteful fanservice in Xenoblade 2.
Cliches? Yes, there are also cliches... perhaps badly executed cliches.
But anime-cliches aren't the point here, Xenoblade 1 was also full of anime-cliches, but it still felt like a nice story.

Let's say that the way they go once and again out of their way to push out of character interactions for the fan-service, and they go for non atmospheric situations and specific camera angles just to shove e.g. Pyra's titties up your face... well, it gets characters out of... character, make them bland, make the story feel unimportant... I am not against fanservice, just make it unobtrusive and a little more subtle, and don't give up atmosphere, characterization and credibility of your characters/story only to force the fanservice... actually, it is just bad writing.

I saw once a video that put together many of the points I am giving and got footage from some good examples from the game. If I happen to find it again I will post it, but I hope what I explained above makes sense to you.

PS:
It was hard to find, it wasn't even in my watch history... why youtube?

I would try to persuade you to watch the video and think on this point I made above "obtrusive forced fanservice ruins characterization, it makes character feel out of character, bland and unimportant", may you agree or not that is the point I am trying to convey. You don't have to agree with the video, but with what is shown there analyze what I am talking about.

Last edited by sarkwalvein,
Reactions: DarthDub

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Call it obligatory if you want but it's known as slapstick humor which is common in all cultures for various reasons. No is not for everyone and that's fine.
Sure but usually you try to have a different kind of Slapstick humor and not literally what every shit anime does nowadays. Tsundere used to be a useful character achtype that helped the main character grow, the overuse turned it into a dumb joke that gets forgotten after like 5 min but the Otaku fanbase eats it up.

I am not sure what you mean by this but since you used the term "waifu" which itself is a word that gets used often in less serious conversations, okay. But also bland is objective so I can't really say much about it, is just a opinion.
What I mean by this is that the characters are 2 dimensional (i.e. lack depth and are thus bland) while being specifically made to appeal to male demografic be it by Pyra's "I'm a living angel" personality or her design being just obviously designed to appeal to the male audience instead of being modest.

Lots of games do that and you can just turn it off by turning the battle voices down in the sound settings of the game if it's annoying. :blink:
I can't turn it off in Cutscenes. That was my point. In gameplay they can scream all they want but in cutscenes it feels out of place.

jahrs

Technician of The Dead
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hrm now im wondering if male sexualization is even a thing because it then becomes a double standard and he just gets labeled a pervert. its the same issue with a reverse harem where instead of it being i guess the word would be a funny situation of like 5 girls fighting for a guy it gets creepy because its five guys ganging up on one girl.

I see what you mean its the general armor stuff and portrayal of the characters that set people off abit in this game. tbh wasnt to bad for me because ive played "better" games with worse fanservice although they were hard to get through because of it. this game wasnt that bad although again i can see your point.

Reactions: sarkwalvein

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.