Xenoblade Chronicles 2 dedicated Nintendo direct announced

xenoblade_direct.jpg

Nintendo announced that they are having one of their "directs" and dedicating it exclusively to telling you about the upcoming Xenoblade Chronicles 2, the sequel to the enjoyed, by the fans at least, Wii title and its Wii U offshoot in Xenoblade Chronicles X.

The game itself hits the Nintendo Switch worldwide on the 1st of December 2017. The direct is scheduled the 7th of November 2017, 2pm UK time. A timer for those in other regions.

You can view the stream on Nintendo's own website, Nintendo's youtube channel and likely anywhere else they have a presence.

You can see the video released during the Nintendo Direct in September below

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yey! A little more than three hours to go and I will be in the office.
Hmmm... I packed my Bluetooth headphones... I think I know what I will be watching during my late "lunch break".

Hey guys! It is starting!
Come on! Show some hype!
You're making me look bad by double-posting to bump this up!
Someone else should post before me!

"Zzzzz.... it's just Xenoblade Yawnicles" - Foxi
"But only the (nonexistent) fans like it" - FAST
"It will be as boring as the first one" - Dildo
"I told you you were turning schizophrenic" - Durden
"Come on, you didn't put me in the credits!" - Zachariah

Hey guys! Don't be such downers!

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I missed it, and am watching it now.
I don't like the fact they changed many names.

names are making sense, but it's not in the japanese dub and it looks strange to hear a name and read another one.
Rakuen (paradise) -> Elysium (greek paradise)
Hikari (Light) -> Mithra (Persia-Iranian god of light/sun)

why not call the character Mithra in japanese version too, if that's what the author wanted. if he didn't, why gave religious references only in the western version?
previous Xeno all had references to religion and mythology, but here why they are not in the japanese dub?

*still watching*

Last edited by Cyan,

sarkwalvein

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well, Hikari is an actual name in Japanese, while Light is not one in English.

I guess they could have used something like Lucy (like they did millenia ago with the Magic Knight Rayearth Anime adaptation, please kill me for giving the OK to that), but Mithra would do also... perhaps?

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why everything looks zoomed in? The GUI looks really big, and the camera is always close to the characters.
Maybe it's just me... but I always get that impression when I see footage of this game.

sarkwalvein

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Why everything looks zoomed in? The GUI looks really big, and the camera is always close to the characters.
Maybe it's just me... but I always get that impression when I see footage of this game.
Do you remember people would like to play that in the small screen in portable mode?
Perhaps they are overcompensating, but in Xenoblade X Wii U the GUI was awfully small and hard to read, unless you used a 70" TV.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yeah, the gui and text on wiiu was horribly unreadable if not sitting at 1 meter of the tv.

you may be right about light (hiraki) not being a name, but Pyra (Homura > flame -> Pyra) isn't more a name.
I understand getting a more western sound is better. Greek and latin etymology are more common in our everyday word's sound and we can link more easily Pyra to Pyro/fire than homura to fire.
But, I guess playing in english won't be too bad this time :P

I'm just wondering if the Classic Pro controller will be better.
I always played RPGs with a classic controller, but aren't the switch in "controller only" mode enough?
what the CC benefit?

Last edited by Cyan,

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you remember people would like to play that in the small screen in portable mode?
Perhaps they are overcompensating, but in Xenoblade X Wii U the GUI was awfully small and hard to read, unless you used a 70" TV.
Yeah, that's exactly what I'm thinking... but, like you've said, it seems they are overcompensating for it and it will end up looking big on docked mode.

Do you guys know on which resolution the game runs on docked mode?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/ngNaUaQOfPU